There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer

Some things were great, others not so much

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Zimmer as an intern

Pros

I was given really meaningful work that really developed me a lot. The majority of the people I worked with were great and I could tell that they really cared about developing me personally.

Cons

There was very low morale. I frequently spoke with my full-time co-workers and many of them appeared to only stay due to the bad economy. There were those who did enjoy their jobs, but hearing the frequent negative comments makes me think twice about pursuing full-time.

I understand deadlines, but try not to over-work your employees. They're run ragged to meet a deadline then pushed to go ahead at full force immediately after. Give them a little breathing room. (Note: This was an observation, I did not personally experience this)

reviews filtered by
  1. Be careful of living in Warsaw

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer (more than a year)

Pros

The company will pay you well.

Cons

Warsaw is not a good place to live and to develop careers. You might have encountered unexpected things really frustrating here, water contaminated with copper, limited social activities, limited service resources, etc. An old 1 bedroom apartment suite with ugly appliance cost you $700+. Property management is without professionalism. Landlady is rude and unreasonable, yelling a lot and did not know how to draft an email with formal English.

I agree with someone mentioned previously, "one of the most culturally toxic place to work". The mid-senior management team seems not stable. I don't not see the company maintains its value, or maybe this company does not have its own value. People working with me focus only on minutia but ignore vision and strategy. If you seem to be more ambitious or maintain a refined life style or just look different from them, they will play politics and make your life difficult. Oh they don't have training at all, and they expect you to bring your previous experiences into. However if your way is different from theirs, they will try to push you out.

Move the company out of Warsaw. Warsaw is not a place to attract talents working for you. Without well-trained professionals, it is hard to establish a way to do things correctly.

2. Challenging environment

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

Zimmer offers decent pay and benefits. Vacation time and holidays are more generous than my previous employer. If you work at TMT you get even more holidays than the Warsaw based employees.

Cons

A lot of turnover makes the environment challenging, since a lot of true knowledge has been lost. The GE style management which requires 3 scenarios for every situation despite limited resources is also frustrating.

Really look at what is happening in your groups. Continuing to ask people to do more with less is not a good long term plan.

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer