Good company, poor direction from upper management

I have been working at Zimmer

Pros

Great employees, it is clear that many truly care about the products they are making. Great products, high standards for quality.

Cons

Upper management seems to lack direction. Often times, your work will go to waste because upper management will change the parameters of a project drastically. Because of this, company morale is low. They will always meet their bottom line - even at the expense of valuable employees.

Listen to your employees, create a solid plan before putting most of your workers on the project.

Other Reviews for Zimmer

Not wanting to be in the bottom 5%

Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Supervisor  in  Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Supervisor in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and Salary Very good

Cons

Supervisory Management Evaluations based on Gallup system. The idea of eliminating your bottom 5% every year based on employee surveys, does not allow for independent ideas or holding hourly employees to goals and company rules. No local middle housing market, either very expensive or unlivable family housing.

Find a new engaged CEO, that will clean up management. 15 Total FDA 483's and the shutdown of Puerto Rico facility is inexcusable. Indicates no idea what the manufacturing business is doing. Same goes for VP of Manufacturing and all Manufacturing Managers.

I would NOT recommend Zimmer...look somewhere else

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Zimmer full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-GREAT products
    -Respected in the industry

Cons

-the morale of the sales force is horrible
    -Reps are stretched way too thin, with an enormous bag of products (and little support or resources)
    -the distributor model is no longer effective, new reps are not given fair opportunities to grow or make money
    -transparency is poor (half the time customers know more about what's going on with Zimmer before you do)
    -I don't even know what Zimmer's mission is and I've worked for the company for 5 years.....I guess patient care and the purpose of our products don't matter to shareholders??

Reward sales reps, we thrive off of competitive compensation for hard work.
    Stop treating reps like we're invisible, when in fact WE are at the front line.
    National Sales Meeting even sucks...it's 1 time a year, stop cutting corners.

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer.

Worked for Zimmer? Contribute to the Community!