There are newer employer reviews for Zimmer

Good company, poor direction from upper management

Pros

Great employees, it is clear that many truly care about the products they are making. Great products, high standards for quality.

Cons

Upper management seems to lack direction. Often times, your work will go to waste because upper management will change the parameters of a project drastically. Because of this, company morale is low. They will always meet their bottom line - even at the expense of valuable employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, create a solid plan before putting most of your workers on the project.

Other Employee Reviews for Zimmer

I would NOT recommend Zimmer...look somewhere else

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Zimmer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-GREAT products -Respected in the industry

Cons

-the morale of the sales force is horrible -Reps are stretched way too thin, with an enormous bag of products (and little support or resources) -the distributor model is no longer effective, new reps are not given fair opportunities to grow or make money -transparency is poor (half the time customers know more about what's going on with Zimmer before you do) -I don't even know what Zimmer's mission is and I've worked for the company for 5 years.....I guess patient care and the purpose of our products don't matter to shareholders??

Advice to Management

Reward sales reps, we thrive off of competitive compensation for hard work. Stop treating reps like we're invisible, when in fact WE are at the front line. National Sales Meeting even sucks...it's 1 time a year, stop cutting corners.

2. Great company, interesting opportunities, great work culture, amazing people!

Former Intern - MBA Intern in Warsaw, IN
    Former Intern - MBA Intern in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Zimmer as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm, kind people who will go out of their way to help you succeed. Great opportunities for MBAs, such as the leadership development program. Strongly placed company with solid financials, products that are respected in the marketplace. Hard work, ambition and initiative is recognized. Great benefits. Low cost of living.

Cons

Small-town life comes with the location (Warsaw, Indiana) and may be discouraging to some people. Company is a bit slow to change. Some amount of bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

Shake things up once in a while to avoid complacency. Provide more opportunities for travel.