There are newer employer reviews for Zimmerman Associates

Good contract company to work for in library field, but sites may differ in quality and management styles.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at Zimmerman Associates as a contractor

Pros

Headquarters staff was always helpful and professional when I contacted them. They always did their best to answer questions I had. They were also very friendly.
Good incentives/benefits for workers and training at least for some of their workers.
Lots of work sites.

Cons

They do deal with outsourcing contract employees. Sometimes the staff at the company using the contract employees may have a history of being downsized and this can lead to bad relationships with the contract employees.
Pay was not very high (they do have to bid on contracts) and benefits sometimes were expensive.
Sometimes the contract ends or gets transferred to another company. Job security may suffer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company is great but working offsite as a subcontractor is bananas

I have been working at Zimmerman Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working directly for the company is great. The benefits are good

Cons

Pay for the project I am working on is high school pay for loads of work. Never work as a subcontractor. Make sure ZAI soley holds the contract. ZAI employees are receiving unfair treatment. No reflection on ZAI

2. People and employees do not come first

Current Employee - Program Assistant in College Park, MD
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in College Park, MD

I have been working at Zimmerman Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

ZAI is government contracting company so most of their contracts are at government facilities. It puts in a place to network and meet new people.

Cons

The challenges of working with ZAI is that they do not take care of there employees. I have worked in my current position for two years. ZAI took over the contract a year ago. The contract that i am under is the easiest contract a contracting company could negotiate with the government. Our pay was based on the tasks that we perform. The tasks and the daily operations of the position have increased 25-30%. There is no incentive to work and you don't see a representative from the company. They will not consider raises for employees and they will use you to get the job done.

Think about your employees and negotiate better contracts.

There are newer employer reviews for Zimmerman Associates