Zinio

www.zinio.com

Zinio is not the same company it was 6 months ago - the change and growth has been phenomenal!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe Engineering organization rules at zinio. it's a very tech-centered culture where innovation is king. i started here last year and had some doubts based on the glassdoor reviews i read. those reviews may have been true at the time, but the environment today is really great. (I hired on at the end of 2011). super smart people, capable leadership, a biz model that's going gangbusters. i can see a bright future here.

Conswell it's a startup, so there's some degree of ambiguity. roles are getting more defined & the new organizational structure is still taking form. there are some key mgt positions still open, but as a development team member, i get to interview my new perspective bosses, so i'm okay with that.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be afraid to share all the great strides that the company is making. you don't talk about an IPO but i know we're gonna be profitable this year. so let's hear more about that.

Frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zinio

Pros: Zinio's idea--to be the world's largest digital newsstand-- is solid, and they… Cons: There was a serious lack of communication companywide--products were released without an announcement, so people in the company were caught off guard. Morale was a… Advice to Senior Management: I have seen some steps being taken to address some of the problems I mention above, so I think leadership may be heading in the… More

This Company Could Be Great, With Focus on People And Culture!

Politics Rule the Day! (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zinio

Pros: Great product vision and offerings to the market. High potential to be out there killing the competition. One… Cons: They stumble around year after year with execution and internal strife. Poor culture and subsequent staff retention which is atrocious . Too much politics at… Advice to Senior Management: Wish someone would consider the basic recipe for success at Zinio. It is 101 class. I loved the company and still believe the company could… More

There are newer reviews on Zinio.

Worked for Zinio? Contribute to the Community!