Zinio

There are newer employer reviews for Zinio

Doing the Right Work

Current Employee - Administration in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Administration in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zinio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are lots of great people at Zinio, from top to bottom - committed to doing great work and the company has reorganized itself (which is painful, of course) to be able to allow employees more ownership of the product and the results; and to grow our customer base with a product we can all be proud of.

Cons

Zinio has tried to be all things to all stakeholders in the past and this has spread us too thin to work efficiently. The new managemenet is changing that. Recently Zinio had to make some hard financial choices and layoffs were involved, as well as cutting back on the number of projects, hard choices. When the dust has settled - this company will be extraordinary.

I think the management is doing the right work, which will not make everyone happy, but thejob is to make the company profitable and meet the needs of employees in ways that support them doing the right work, as well.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Zinio (View Most Recent)

Ready, Fire, Aim!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zinio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people / Good product.

Cons

Too many to list.

If you enjoy getting shot out of a cannon and, then, wondering where you will land, this is the place for you.

During my time there I felt like a farmer on a tractor being pulled by a mule.

Huge aspirations supported by missing or dysfunctional fundamentals.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Bursting bubble in slow motion shot with a high speed camera.

Former Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zinio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good location, some good people. Very popular among iPad owners who buy magazines.

Cons

Zinio is where magazines and good workers come to meet their destiny in a tragic way. Questionable sales and marketing practices. Politics overshadow real work. If you're not friends with the right people, this is Labor Hell.

Hire experienced people, and learn to recognize talent and keep it. Promote people based on experience, not on seniority or politics. Value people for their work, not for personality or appearance. Stop killing your own worker's faith in your own company. Make real and not just superficial changes that come too late.

There are newer employer reviews for Zinio