There are newer employer reviews for Zinio

Doing the Right Work

Current Employee - Administration  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Administration in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zinio full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are lots of great people at Zinio, from top to bottom - committed to doing great work and the company has reorganized itself (which is painful, of course) to be able to allow employees more ownership of the product and the results; and to grow our customer base with a product we can all be proud of.

Cons

Zinio has tried to be all things to all stakeholders in the past and this has spread us too thin to work efficiently. The new managemenet is changing that. Recently Zinio had to make some hard financial choices and layoffs were involved, as well as cutting back on the number of projects, hard choices. When the dust has settled - this company will be extraordinary.

I think the management is doing the right work, which will not make everyone happy, but thejob is to make the company profitable and meet the needs of employees in ways that support them doing the right work, as well.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Zinio (View Most Recent)

Ready, Fire, Aim!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zinio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people / Good product.

Cons

Too many to list.

If you enjoy getting shot out of a cannon and, then, wondering where you will land, this is the place for you.

During my time there I felt like a farmer on a tractor being pulled by a mule.

Huge aspirations supported by missing or dysfunctional fundamentals.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Get your act together

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zinio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice app. Tons of magazines (though Google Play, NextIssueMedia have the same selections)

Cons

Lots of politics. Constant layoffs. No trust in the employees. Horrible middle management.

It's not hard to understand the reasons behind all this. Some of the 'tenured VPs' are absolutely spineless. They make a ton of salary and are just not incentivized to make the company a success. You get no mentoring from the managers. All you get is stakeholders who don't know how to run the company. It's futile I tell you, working here is just futile.
    Based on the open negativity and comments made in closed circles, makes me think that some of the 'discriminatory' remarks from previous posts are true. I tried to overlook all the racist stuff that goes on. But given the way they dealt with me makes me want to file a complaint with the ACLU against zinio.

Sober up. Or move out. Need a better leadership team who is more in tune with today's culture

There are newer employer reviews for Zinio

Worked for Zinio? Contribute to the Community!