Zions Bancorporation

www.zionsbancorporation.com
  www.zionsbancorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zions Bancorporation

Good, strong, steady company to grow with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bancorporation full-time

Pros

Steady and consistent company with not a lot highs nor lows.

Cons

IT doesn't seem as important to the business as it should be.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Zions Bancorporation (View Most Recent)

It was a good run while it lasted

Current Employee - Analyst in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bancorporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you hunker down and just get the work done then you are half way there. The MAIN thing to remember working here is if people like you and you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed then you will very likely do well here. Lots of training opportunities (at least I've had good experiences there). People generally are friendly and some even have the opportunity to move up the corporate ladder. Mind you I've been told by several newly minted managers that it's difficult at best to climb unless you were slated for it early on.

Cons

The insurance is pretty bad. I've gone into debt as a result. If you don't have a lot of family health issues then this could be the place for you. For comparison. One of my kids started working at Domino's Pizza recently and has FAR better insurance than I do! That woke me up!

Consider spending time with your employees during one on ones and providing feedback on what they REALLY need to do in order to succeed! After weekly one on one's for a year being told "everything was great" and "don't change what I"m doing" to hear during the annual review things could have been better is a let down. Set expectations in the beginning. One on one's are a great opportunity to provide an employee feedback.

Helping in building towards my career goals would also have retained me. I had asked my manager multiple times where I was going and was unable to get any definite answer.

Who would have thought it could get any worse.

Current Employee - IT Professional in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - IT Professional in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Zions Bancorporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to be if you want to keep your head down, not do any real work, and not be held accountable.

Cons

What was once the worst benefits package in the industry is now getting worse.

Wake up! You are starting to bleed talent in the IT dept. and it's only going to get worse if the economy improves. Anyone who is competent can leave if they want to. You will be left with only the incompetent suckups who seem to be fostered here.

There are newer employer reviews for Zions Bancorporation