There are newer employer reviews for ZocDoc

Everyone is proud to work at ZocDoc and believes in what we are doing in making healthcare more accessible.

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Great compensation and benefits (free medical, dental and vision), free lunch everyday, amazing leadership, great office, 401k and great atmosphere.

Cons

Working here you have to be ready for a face paced work day. There are always curveballs thrown our way, but its standard in any startup.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your core values and treat your employees the way we do. It is a work hard, play hard mentality and everyone has a say.

reviews filtered by

This is the Coolest non paying job ever!!!

Current Employee - Worst Sales Job I Have Ever Had!!!! in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Worst Sales Job I Have Ever Had!!!! in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Good Benefits
    Great investors
    Good times
    Trips to NY 3 times a year
    Presidents club vacations!
    Cool people on the development team!

Cons

Very Low Pay
    Bad management
    No Sales Leadership
    Poor Morale and culture
    No room to move up
    The sales VP and Director, cannot answer questions directly.
    Doctors Churn all the time and reps pay the price for not getting them patients.
    No marketing support.

Advice to Management

You have to figure out a better way to get patients to the website and go find leadership in sales that actually has experience leading sales.

I work hard and do well, this isn't working at the pretzel shop in the mall though, obviously

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

With this job you will definitely be given help from your AE(Account Executive) and your success depends, in part, on your ability to communicate effectively with them as a team. We honestly have a wildly relevant and easy to sell product that is easy to purvey to doctors anywhere. I am in New York and am selling in a territory that has been sold in literally since the inception of the company, so there are differences in territory management than in a new market. I would say that the way you handle this is paramount to your success ratios. Your AE will do their best to set up meetings and it is 100% on you as a Sales Executive to sit down with the doctor and help them understand the value. People do well when they are able to connect with the doctor and effectively show the value to them. The value to them is a great amount more profit than the doc was previously experiencing as well as streamlining their practice. This isn't easy but if you are a gregarious, smart, and an good communicater then you should be able to succeed. All of this being said, your AE is NOT your whipping boy/girl. They are doing their best to create an atmosphere of success for you as well as them. I always bring opportunities to my AE and work with him to move the process along but absolutely never take them for granted.

Now on the subject of compensation let me address the base salary. 40k sucks, yes, boom there it is. I come from the world of finance where i made a ton more money, base wise, than i do here. However, there is a reason for this and it is directly tied to your motivation. If you can work hard and just learn how to talk to doctors then you can hit serious numbers. I am in my first two months and if i continue my current, very new learning curve stage, production, I will easily make between 130 and 180 this year. This is not the type of job where you can just sit on your butt and expect free sales to jump through the door, but if you can learn the game and learn from your managers(who are young, but very good to reference for sales advice) you can ramp up quickly. The key is to just become a student of the game and work well with everyone around you. There is support, but they will not baby you if you are not going to work and try to get better.

Cons

40k is a crappy base but I get why it is all commision slanted pay scale. Now, haha, earlier i was very put off by this.
    The managers are young: get over it
    You can get fired easily: very true, no beating around the bush. ZocDoc is getting better at developing their salesforce and are investing in them greatly as we speak, but this is a very new firm and they are doing the best they can. Remember that this company is growing like wildfire and they have a lot of options to choose from. That being said, people i know have been fired and it sucks. Just take it upon yourself to become better and they will see that and know you are trying. Honesty and transparency goes a long way with the management staff because they are just trying to do the best job they can to help you reach your goals.
    Would i like the pay to be like insurance where you are payed on a residual since ZD gets paid residually, absolutely! This would be awesome and would incentivize the sales force to be more invested

Advice to Management

Invest a bit more in the longevity of the sales people. It is tough to come out of the gates swinging. In my case, i got a lot of help but that may be because I asked for it. Very cool, smart, driven group who are 100% vested in ZD success. This is very apparent and they are trying everything they can to make it work for you.