Frat House StartUp Nerds with Money and Booze

Former Employee - Not Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Not Sales in New York, NY

Pros

Free lunch (not a lot of variety, though). Free happy hour on Fridays (and sometimes Mondays-Thursdays), CEO takes staff who work late out for drinks, food, etc. Option to expense cab rides home when you work past 8pm. (Lots of people took advantage of this, though.) Drank more here in a month than throughout college.

Cons

Feeling like you might get fired every day. Turning everything including people into a quota. Pompus, entitled attitudes of some managers and senior management. Relying on numbers and money rather than integrity and work ethic.

Advice to Management

Less booze, more personal interaction with people, doctors, etc. Recognize that some of the people there are wonderful, dedicated employees by looking at more than numbers. Reward and promote those people too.

Other Employee Reviews for ZocDoc

Everyone is proud to work at ZocDoc and believes in what we are doing in making healthcare more accessible.

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Great compensation and benefits (free medical, dental and vision), free lunch everyday, amazing leadership, great office, 401k and great atmosphere.

Cons

Working here you have to be ready for a face paced work day. There are always curveballs thrown our way, but its standard in any startup.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your core values and treat your employees the way we do. It is a work hard, play hard mentality and everyone has a say.

Hands down, the best, most rewarding work experience I have ever had in my 10 year career.

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

1st-Great People 2nd-Fast paced, young entrepreneurial company that is a leader in revolutionizing healthcare 3rd-Great opportunities to be promoted, competitive salaries 4th-Amazing Benefits like no vacation policy, no employee healthcare contribution, free lunch... 5th-We have so much fun here with Friday happy hour in the office, parties, ping pong, karaoke, arcade games, etc. 6th-Flat organizational structure with accessible executives who promote their employees to contribute and speak up at all levels to all levels.

Cons

I wish they ordered better pizza when we have Pizza for lunch. It's not good at all. Other than that I seriously don't have any complaints unless you count it being hard to leave the office between doing interesting work, having cool people to hang out with and lots of food to eat.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, listening to your employees, staying focused and hiring great people.