Frat House StartUp Nerds with Money and Booze

Former Employee - Not Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Not Sales in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Free lunch (not a lot of variety, though). Free happy hour on Fridays (and sometimes Mondays-Thursdays), CEO takes staff who work late out for drinks, food, etc. Option to expense cab rides home when you work past 8pm. (Lots of people took advantage of this, though.) Drank more here in a month than throughout college.

Cons

Feeling like you might get fired every day. Turning everything including people into a quota. Pompus, entitled attitudes of some managers and senior management. Relying on numbers and money rather than integrity and work ethic.

Advice to Management

Less booze, more personal interaction with people, doctors, etc. Recognize that some of the people there are wonderful, dedicated employees by looking at more than numbers. Reward and promote those people too.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Everyone is proud to work at ZocDoc and believes in what we are doing in making healthcare more accessible.

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Great compensation and benefits (free medical, dental and vision), free lunch everyday, amazing leadership, great office, 401k and great atmosphere.

Cons

Working here you have to be ready for a face paced work day. There are always curveballs thrown our way, but its standard in any startup.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your core values and treat your employees the way we do. It is a work hard, play hard mentality and everyone has a say.

This is the Coolest non paying job ever!!!

Current Employee - Worst Sales Job I Have Ever Had!!!! in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Worst Sales Job I Have Ever Had!!!! in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Good Benefits Great investors Good times Trips to NY 3 times a year Presidents club vacations! Cool people on the development team!

Cons

Very Low Pay Bad management No Sales Leadership Poor Morale and culture No room to move up The sales VP and Director, cannot answer questions directly. Doctors Churn all the time and reps pay the price for not getting them patients. No marketing support.

Advice to Management

You have to figure out a better way to get patients to the website and go find leadership in sales that actually has experience leading sales.