Sales

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome energy, great recruiters and passionate company

Cons

I work hard all the time, its not for lazy people.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going always

Other Employee Reviews for ZocDoc

A rare chance to work w/ great people committed to one thing; to change the healthcare industry by putting patients 1st.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The energy of a start-up with backing by the investors behind Google, Facebook and Amazon & more. - As a Sales Executive I am given the tools and freedom to develop my territory as if I were my own business - An open access company with no barriers between an executive team that encourages feedback from it's employees and actually acts on them - An environment that rewards those that are willing to work hard - Great support system for Sales team that takes over the customer experience after the sale is completed freeing us to find new customers - Chance for top performers to advance rapidly - Great benefits

Cons

- As a Sales Executive I would like us to be more aggressive with our launches when we open a new market but understand why we don't.

Advice to Management

Continue to reject the tendencies for companies to become too corporate and bureaucratic as it grows. If we stay focused on the patient, keep the energy of a start-up and continue to add the best people the rest will take care of itself.

Fun, rewarding, fulfilling, and stressful work environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The SoHo office is gorgeous. Lunches are catered daily. The office is full of a diverse set of super-interesting and super-smart people working on a wide range of interesting and varied projects. Hackathons are fun with swimming, sports, and team fortress 2 as well as do-something-awesome coding projects.

Cons

Extremely stressful work environment with frequent fire-fighting and aggressive deadlines. Management can be very stubborn and will bring a lot of ego to office. Codebase has some extremely poor infrastructure, but it is improving rapidly.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees' work/life balance. Bring less ego to the office. Give your employees more stake in the company.