ZocDoc

www.zocdoc.com

Total freedom, plenty of potential, sell and no one will bother you

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsIf you can manage a territory and manage your time, you can work as little or as much as you want. As long as you are putting up your quota (4 doctors per week), no one will bother you. The product works, extremely well for some doctors, okay for others -- very few completely fail with our product. The SEO for ZocDoc is incredible and is what drives 1.8M people to our site every single month. Considering it only takes 1-2 patients per month for a practice to be profitable with ZocDoc, it's a pretty easy sale. The people who write bad reviews on here are obviously not good sales people -- you are selling patients to a doctor. He/she *needs* patients to keep the practice strong, so it's a no-brainer. That being said, not everyone is polished enough or confident enough to deal with the doctor demographic. Just because you were awesome selling widgets to someone in rural Kentucky doesn't mean you will automatically be a swift salesperson dealing with physicians.

ConsThey have had some transition at the management level, bringing in new voices and changing philosophies several times since I started 6 months ago. Also, the reviews that mention "high turnover" are quite accurrate. Again, as I said above, if you don't have the confidence and ability to deal with higher intelligence people like physicians, you will fail. Hence why they hire and fire constantly. If you can't sell in your first 10 weeks, you will be looking for a new job by month 3. Period.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a consistent flow and process, quit making so many changes, and start rewarding reps more on production. ie stock bonuses, base-pay raises, etc.

Great Company if you have what it takes to succeed.

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun environment, highly rewarding if you succeed ($, unlimited vacation, fun trips to NY, stock which could be worth tons one day), they don't waste… Cons: They do expect you to work hard, long hours until you are hitting expectations (which may be a tad too… Advice to Senior Management: Focusing on work/life balance will not only attract the best employees, but allow you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company that wont make it.....

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros: The sense of accomplishment is what everyone seems to have. You will make okay money and good health… Cons: You will never know how bad this company is unless you work here. They keep strong PR just so people seemed satisfied with what they… Advice to Senior Management: Sell to a big firm. None of you know what you are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ZocDoc.

Worked for ZocDoc? Contribute to the Community!