There are newer employer reviews for ZocDoc

A company that wont make it.....

Current Employee - Sales Executive
Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

The sense of accomplishment is what everyone seems to have. You will make okay money and good health benefits. This company has better parties that all profitable companies out there. They are great at spending money.

Cons

You will never know how bad this company is unless you work here. They keep strong PR just so people seemed satisfied with what they are doing. The sales team had zero leadership. You will be promised to get a chance to move up in your career, instead you will continue to do the same thing over and over. When the last VP came in, he seriously damaged the entire force. Most sales people continue to look for something better. The founding sales people are terrible. They tell us what to say to management, but when it comes down to closing, we are pushed to lie. Doctors are told so many different things, its unreal.

Next is Operations; All I can say is immature, lack of leadership, and unprofessional. No one respects them and we cannot be compared to other companies because we are terrible.

The Software team tries really hard.

Sell to a big firm. None of you know what you are doing. Maybe it is time to get grown ups in the door.

126 Other Employee Reviews for ZocDoc (View Most Recent)

Great People, Rough Environment.

I worked at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are absolutely wonderful. Free lunch every day, great health insurance, social gatherings are fantastic.

Cons

Low pay.

Ultra high speed pace - the work can often be crazy hard. Expect to be going fast-and-furious for 12+ hours, with little to no downtime. If you're not working at 120% of your capacity and absolutely brilliant at all of those hours, you're low rated and on the chopping block. As the sales reviews would attest, they're quick to hire, faster to fire.

Also, forget about your downtime - even weekends. Very little work-life balance. No career flexibility.

Company was very rapidly losing that 'startup friendly feel' and started to treat everyone as a commodity. Glad I got out when I did. If you openly critique something, expect to get shut down, shut up, demoted or fired.

Very smoke-and-mirrorsy with stock options too, watch out.

If you really want people to understand the job, love ZocDoc and feel like a real, honest-to-god startup, let them explore different sides of the company. A little bit of downtime wouldn't hurt either.

Hard, honest work yields high rewards.

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

I couldn't be happier in a job. I feel supported by my colleagues and leaders, and I feel challenged by the opportunity ahead of us.

Although the company is ~5 years old, we are still a start up in our mentality. We work lean, and experiment often. There is incredible opportunity to "own" things.

If you work hard and smart, and you contribute and help move this company forward, then you see growth as the company grows.

Cons

If you are unwilling to work hard, and put forth 110%, then this may not be the place for you.

There are newer employer reviews for ZocDoc

Worked for ZocDoc? Contribute to the Community!