ZocDoc

www.zocdoc.com

Outside Sales Rep- honest experience in first 5 months

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Great earning potential/commission structure (if your good, as is should be)
-Absolutely great and helpful people, wonderful team environment
- friendly/available management staff
-Full paid benefits
-unlimited paid vacation (dont be "that guy" to abuse it)
-Company events are always a blast
-Flexible career options (coming from an outside sales guy anyways)

ConsDefinitely a lot of learning on the fly/on your own, not much in the training aspect, or what to expect before your out selling.

However, there are plenty of tenured sales guys that are more than willing to help you out/give you advice. This position is most definitely about working smarter AND harder, so if your lazy, or lack initiative, its not going to be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlright, so Ive read a bunch of the reviews on here, and after reading those I felt it completely necessary to input my honest opinion on my experiences thus far.

Since starting working here a little more than 4 months ago, I have had a great experience. It literally blows my mind with some of the prior posts I was reading. From the operations side the people have all been very friendly and helpful, its been a great team environment, always willing to answer questions or go the extra mile to assist you. From the sales side I couldn't have asked for anything more. Strong competitive team, the sales managers are all willing to help out and do what they can to advise you on how to be successful , and they give you the technical tools to do so. But there is no spoon feeding! And rightfully so.

I feel there is a strong misunderstanding with some of the people that may have came to work here and left bitter. So a heads up anyone thinking about perusing this opportunity. You are expected to A) know how to sell, and know how to sell WELL. and B) WORK HARD. I personally have been here for 4+ months, and i am currently performing in the top 5 of the company sales reps pretty consistently. Im not saying that to brag at all, im saying that to let people know you can absolutely be successful soon after starting, you just need to be willing to work hard for it and utilize the knowledge/tools around you! I personally have never even had medical sales experience before. I was very proficient and had a proven track record of direct sales, and was in the military, but nothing medical or with doctors. That being said, it is definitely NOT an easy job. But personally, I loved that aspect of it, its definitely a challenge. And its absolutely worth the hard work. The upper management have always been very approachable and always involved in a positive way.

So, for anyone reading this considering an employment opportunity, if your going to take note of anyone's post about their experiences, please take note of the one that is coming from an outside sales guy that has been very successful relatively early , and not the advice of a bitter rep that unfortunately just wasn't good enough, but needed someone else to blame.

Cheers

Not what the doctor ordered

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros: Typical pros for a startup: + You get to take on a lot of responsibility and wear different hats. + Technology is up-to-date + Built around… Cons: This was actually the one situation that I hoped not to end up in. You work hard and you work long here. Typical… Advice to Senior Management: Do a better job of interviewing for the skills and fit you need for a particular role. If you don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company and product, terrible management

Inside Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros: The best people I have ever worked with, game changing product, awesome work environment. Fun team activities and… Cons: Managers are hired based on how long they have been with the company, not based on their skills or ability to actually manage people. As… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in hiring great managers to manage the great people you have. Most of your managers have no idea how to actually manage someone and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ZocDoc.

Worked for ZocDoc? Contribute to the Community!