There are newer employer reviews for Zonar Systems

Challenging and Exciting Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zonar Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zonar was founded on the concept of making transportation safer. Over the years the company has expanded to help many types of transportation customers improve compliance, increase efficiency and improve safety. The company is also growing very quickly. It is a very fun, exciting and challenging to work within this fast-paced environment and really feel like you are making an impact that positively affects the transportation of everything from goods and services, to school children.

On a day-to-day basis, there are many opportunities for growth and with established education programs, opportunities to learn. Zonar constantly encourages ongoing learning and even provides time during work for professional growth. I would describe the culture as positive, optimistic, challenging, open to ideas and change, and fun. The people are friendly and management cares about the individuals working there. While Zonar is growing, it maintains the family-type environment indicative of small companies.

Cons

Zonar is not for everyone. Those that are motivated, love new challenges, work hard (and play hard) and are comfortable with change will excel at Zonar. You will be rewarded with new opportunities for growth and advancement. If you are just looking for a paycheck, don't bother applying.

Stay approachable and passionate about the business and its people.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Zonar Systems (View Most Recent)

Great people, cool product...... thats it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Zonar Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work next to you are really great.
    Smart people with the drive to do awesome things.
    When you leave zonar, you are able to go do just about any job in your field, making 50%+ more than before because of the experience you gain working there.

Cons

work life balance is a joke. the leadership team tells the software team that they are lucky to have jobs, because the economy is terrible and they should be happy they have the PRIVILEGE of working at zonar.

The compensation is really a joke, I started out relatively new in the technology field, but when I left zonar I had a job in less than a week making 50% more. I had never bothered to look around while I was with zonar, because I actually believed that I was lucky to be employed.

Personal favorites, and vendettas abound within the management structure. low level managers are let go when they cant perform to the standards the higher management demands... even if those levels are completely unreasonable.

There is an unwritten rule that if you (as an employee) are only working 8 hours a day, you are not working hard enough, and they will find someone else who will do the work.

Stressful workplace, poor management, company direction is akin to a pack of rabid ferrets

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Zonar Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to start out as a developer
    Amazing colleagues

Cons

Poor management
    Poor wages, compensation is in the bottom 25% for software developers
    Poor benefits
    Insane work-life balance, there is an expectation that employees work typical 9-5 office hours and also put in an additional 2-5 hours at home in the evenings.
    Promotions seem to be based highly on favoritism, merit coming in as possibly the last consideration

For a company that is continually expanding its customer base and increasing profits, I think it would be a no-brainer to increase your compensation for employees. Rather then boosting health care costs for families, maybe pitch in the difference.
    Hiring managers with experience in their given fields would be a great way to improve the company.
    Retaining employees is far more effective then trying to bring a new employee up to speed.

There are newer employer reviews for Zonar Systems

Worked for Zonar Systems? Contribute to the Community!