There are newer employer reviews for Zondervan

Vice President of Finance interfacing with Corporate and the Shared Services Center. Generally a well managed company.

Former Employee - Vice President of Finance  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Vice President of Finance in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Zondervan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HarperCollins is the parent company which provides competitive direction towards the digitization of book publishing, information technology, distribution, and other general business practices. Zondervan was able to operate in a quasi-independent manner with the assistance of corporate knowledge in New York.

Cons

Decisions were not always made by the Zondervan management but we passed down from the parent company in New York. Additionally, long-term strategic planning and direction were often predetermined due to the talent and staffing levels of HarperCollins NY therefore the senior management team was not in complete control of their destiny.

Improve the working relationship with HarperCollins by having more of it's own forward thinking stategic opportunities rather than waiting for direction and instructions from Corporate in NY>

5 Other Employee Reviews for Zondervan (View Most Recent)

My experience at Zondervan was outstanding.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Zondervan full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were wonderful to each other. The jobs were challenging yet very satisfying and fun to do. The work atmosphere is fun yet the tasks are completed on time.

Cons

Hourly employees tend to watch their time on breaks and lunch hours more than the salaried employees do. Upper management can be a problem for some.

Upper Management needs to be more transparent with everyone.

It was a good experience, learned lots.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Zondervan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are great. They told me in the interview the employees were very committed to the mission of the company and I didn't realize just how much until I attended my first sales conference.

Cons

There was a lot of turn over. We had a difficult time supporting new and smaller authors/titles. Also, being owned by HarperCollins had it's challenges.

Either take completely over or go hands off.

There are newer employer reviews for Zondervan

Worked for Zondervan? Contribute to the Community!