Zondervan
www.zondervan.com Grand Rapids, MI 150 to 499 Employees

Vice President of Finance interfacing with Corporate and the Shared Services Center. Generally a well managed company.

Vice President of Finance (Former Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

ProsHarperCollins is the parent company which provides competitive direction towards the digitization of book publishing, information technology, distribution, and other general business practices. Zondervan was able to operate in a quasi-independent manner with the assistance of corporate knowledge in New York.

ConsDecisions were not always made by the Zondervan management but we passed down from the parent company in New York. Additionally, long-term strategic planning and direction were often predetermined due to the talent and staffing levels of HarperCollins NY therefore the senior management team was not in complete control of their destiny.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the working relationship with HarperCollins by having more of it's own forward thinking stategic opportunities rather than waiting for direction and instructions from Corporate in NY>

My experience at Zondervan was outstanding.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Zondervan full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people were wonderful to each other. The jobs were challenging yet very satisfying and… Cons: Hourly employees tend to watch their time on breaks and lunch hours more… Advice to Senior Management: Upper Management needs to be more transparent with everyone. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a good experience, learned lots.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Zondervan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people are great. They told me in the interview the employees were very committed to the… Cons: There was a lot of turn over. We had a difficult time… Advice to Senior Management: Either take completely over or go hands off. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Zondervan.

Worked for Zondervan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zondervan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zondervan CEO Mark Schoenwald . All reviews posted anonymously by Zondervan employees.