Zones

www.zones.com
  www.zones.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zones

OK place to start don't plan on staying

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Auburn, WA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Auburn, WA

I worked at Zones full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food in the morning. Initial training is OK .

Cons

Incredibly low pay with no raises ever. Senior management treats most employees like a commodity that can be thrown away at any time. OK place to start but and place to be if you need a job but doesn't hold well for a career of any kind. No promotions unless you have been there slaving for 15 years +. Leads pool is awful one of the worst I have ever seen, you might get the same lead 3 other people have been calling into at the same time, just annoys customers and does not instil confidence in them to buy from you. Cant get the lowest costs for some reason zones will only let you buy most products from 1 to 3 distributors and they always change, I heard rumors it is because they give zones rebates that the reps are not paid on.

Sales is all about incentive working on an 80K dollar deal and know that you can only make $100 dollars doesnt motivate you to want to sell more it motivates your employees to look for a new job.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Zones (View Most Recent)

Sales if thats what you call it

Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free breakfast but thats about it

Cons

Zones is one of the most backwards sales companies I have ever seen. Their commission is awful, they have tons of traps set up to ensure you don't make hardly any money but they sure do, spiffs are joke at this company other places I have worked pay the sales guys all their spiffs not here. The pay is extremely low they have goal metrics like any sales company but they are based off of nothing at all other than what it will take to make management rich and not you. Most places I have worked say if you are in this region you should produce this much not at zones.... You could be working Juno Alaska and your goals are just as much as the guy working San Francisco. I only spent about a year and half at zones and now I am gone and I am better for it..... I know it is hard job market out there but if you want any kind of career skip zones and look elsewhere.

Pay people better and for Heavens sake don't be so cheap buy some real qualified leads instead of giving the same burnt out trash to your reps.

Amazing Growth

Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined Zones from the campus hiring program and have had a great experience. The training is fantastic and I learn so much every day. Our partners are onsite throughout the week and provide custom training that I immediately put to use on the phones.

Cons

I'm in training a lot and it's hard to take time away from the phones.

More formal training on actual selling skills ould be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Zones