ZoomInfo

There are newer employer reviews for ZoomInfo

Watch for Zoom Successes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zoom is a great company that makes a concerted effort to bring the community together. The overall vibe is work your ass off but everyone does it because we want to. Zoom offers profit sharing an amazing benefits package and is super flexible about personal time and time off.

Cons

There aren't many that I can think of. Maybe a little cramped for space due to growth but that's gonna change when more space becomes available.

Stay on the current track, continue to appreciate and reward the team

38 Other Employee Reviews for ZoomInfo (View Most Recent)

Meat of the company is great, top-level is tiresome and dysfunctional.

I worked at ZoomInfo full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, people, people. Not sure how such a group of friendly, down-to-earth people came to work at a place like this. Also, kind of an interesting concept and product to build, market, and sell.

Cons

Terrible, rotten commute unless you live in a town adjacent to Waltham. At times the seemingly rudderless corporate drift has an effect on the morale of lower-level managers and staff. CEO is brilliant and at times charming, friendly, and wise - but can be quick to change attitude and direction - and worse - staff. In the end, it seems as though things are always half-baked and never followed through to completion - the company is in complete fire drill mode all the time. In my 2 years there the VPs of Engineering, Sales, Marketing and even the company President were replaced. CEO values Engineering far over and above Sales and Marketing to the detriment of corporate growth. For instance, the company hired with pomp and aplomb a new Marketing VP for "branding" purposes but then turned around and showed them the door within a year. Viewing from afar it seems like things are a bit more on track nowadays - but beware, some corporate cultures never change.

Make it so that everyone (not just Engineering) knows their roles and what's expected of them BEFORE it's too late.

ZoomInfo Response

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your review. We value opinions from current and former employees, and because of this type of feedback we’re on a much stronger path than we were a few years ago. Again, thank you for ... More

You're either in or you're out. Engineering is stuck in 2005.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at ZoomInfo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to work in big data technologies like Hadoop & Cassandra. (They're misapplied though, so take heed.)

Company will continue to succeed because they're in a good space and have some technology that is useful to the market.

Cons

Architecture is mangled and engineering is only open to ideas that come from people that are liked. When people leave the company, management talks sh** about them after they leave.

Work at home is a total fallacy.

You will barely get any comp increases while you are there.

This place is poisonous. Get your tech knowledge and leave.

ZoomInfo Response

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your review – we’re sorry that your experience at ZoomInfo wasn’t what you hoped it would be. The well-being of each and every one of our employees is extremely important to us.

We
    ... More

There are newer employer reviews for ZoomInfo

Worked for ZoomInfo? Contribute to the Community!