Opportunities are endless!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ZoomInfo is an amazing community filled with the most brilliant, creative, and passionate people. The work environment is the best I’ve ever seen! The culture is fairly young and encourages a work-life balance. The salaries and benefits are competitive with the market.

Cons

Everything is moving very quickly due to the market we are in but I consider that a benefit not a con. And I know if I have a problem, management will do everything in their ability to resolve it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your leadership and support in growing this company!

Other Employee Reviews for ZoomInfo

Meat of the company is great, top-level is tiresome and dysfunctional.

I worked at ZoomInfo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, people, people. Not sure how such a group of friendly, down-to-earth people came to work at a place like this. Also, kind of an interesting concept and product to build, market, and sell.

Cons

Terrible, rotten commute unless you live in a town adjacent to Waltham. At times the seemingly rudderless corporate drift has an effect on the morale of lower-level managers and staff. CEO is brilliant and at times charming, friendly, and wise - but can be quick to change attitude and direction - and worse - staff. In the end, it seems as though things are always half-baked and never followed through to completion - the company is in complete fire drill mode all the time. In my 2 years there the VPs of Engineering, Sales, Marketing and even the company President were replaced. CEO values Engineering far over and above Sales and Marketing to the detriment of corporate growth. For instance, the company hired with pomp and aplomb a new Marketing VP for "branding" purposes but then turned around and showed them the door within a year. Viewing from afar it seems like things are a bit more on track nowadays - but beware, some corporate cultures never change.

Advice to Management

Make it so that everyone (not just Engineering) knows their roles and what's expected of them BEFORE it's too late.

ZoomInfo Response

Apr 30, 2014 – Director of HR

Thank you for your review. We value opinions from current and former employees, and because of this type of feedback we’re on a much stronger path than we were a few years ago. Again, thank you for ... More

Fluid situation with lots of upside

Pros

The company is growing significantly in terms of top and bottom lines, headcount, product mix... It's in a very interesting position to take advantage of the "big data" opportunity in B2B.

Cons

The historical culture of all communications being "top down" continues to dominate, but there are indicators of change in this philosophy.

Advice to Management

Hire smart people, leverage their collective knowledge, trust them and execute.