Zoosk

www.zoosk.com
  www.zoosk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zoosk

Great employees make Zoosk a great place to work

I have been working at Zoosk full-time

Pros

Zoosk is great for people who appreciate the energy of a start up environment balanced with the security of working for a successful, established company. Employees are generally smart and teamwork is emphasized over ego.

Cons

Mid Market location isn't ideal, but the area has seen a noticeable improvement in the past year. It does help to have other startups are in the vicinity bringing young professionals into the neighborhood during the day.

Salaries are not as competitive as other tech companies in the area. This can change to reduce turnover of top talent.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Zoosk (View Most Recent)

Amazing opportunities for growth in an environment, everyone cares about quality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Zoosk, especially in Engineering and UX, are some of the most dedicated and brilliant I have ever encountered. I used to often be the smartest person in the room at other workplaces, but that is rarely true at Zoosk. I've worked hard here, and my dedication has been noticed and rewarded. I try in turn to notice others' efforts and reward them generously.

Cons

The area is a bummer, to be perfectly honest. I get sick of eating at the mall. I also wish the User Ops team had a nicer office environment and that more effort had been put in to their floor.

The time will come when there will need to be more delegation, and it's probably best to do it sooner rather than later.

Going nowhere at the speed of light...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zoosk full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked here for a bit and like many Tech companies they all have the free snacks, subsidized gym memberships, and dinner. With that said, this shouldn't be a differentiator if you are looking at a job in Tech these days. It's the minimum requirement in order to recruit and retain talent so the best people don't go to other companies.

I shouldn't look at a gift horse in the mouth, but I didn't like the fact that they only have free dinner since it forced people to work later. Also since all the Engineers in the company come in later, it's really meant for them and not the rest of the staff which gets in early and leaves before Dinner. They do this as a carrot at the end of the stick. This fact isn't explicitly stated, but it's what's really going on and these perks aren't meant for all. Flex Time off looks good on paper and sounds amazing but I never saw any of it. There are many companies like Twitter or Square which don't adhere to this philosophy and their perks seem more genuine in nature.

Cons

I worked as a Customer Service Rep and we were treated terribly. We had to bring our own food in the form of potlucks for parties and management wouldn't pay for meals like they do in other departments in the company. The company puts a lot of care into the other departments, even going as far as to do amazing interior design for their meeting rooms. Unfortunately, the Customer Service department looked like a prison and we were treated like prisoners too. Concrete Walls and we didn't even get our own laptops like in other parts of the company. The job was difficult as well as there were many angry customers and they didn't like the company's aggressive marketing campaigns. You could immediately tell that management wanted to treat us a cost center and not as a advantage. The next step is to offshore the entire department overseas so we cost them even less and they can shut down the prison. I couldn't see much career path there and needed to move on.

Give the Customer Service Department some respect. We're your frontlines talking to customers all day and serve a important role. Zoosk is more than just the engineers and marketing. Customer service promotes the brand, keeps customers, and engages them. Where would you be without it?

There are newer employer reviews for Zoosk