There are newer employer reviews for Zoosk

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Zoosk 4+ years as a product manager and continue to learn something new on the job every day. The product and engineering teams are outstanding and tackle hard problems with zeal.

We fail fast and learn from our mistakes. We capitalize on our successes very quickly! Zoosk is a very positive, risk taking environment!

The company is committed to delivering a high-quality service to its members, making a sound business from it, and developing its employees into rock-stars.

Cons

There are just so many interesting projects happening all the time that it's sometimes difficult to keep up with it all.

Sometimes there's alot of work to do... but the good thing is that no work is ever wasted here!

reviews filtered by

Product Manager

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very young and casual. No bureaucracy. Get things done is what they want

Cons

Its all work work work and no play

Advice to Management

Strike a balance. Stop providing catered food at 7:30PM and force employees to stay for food but in reality stay to do work

2. Exceeded all my expectations so far

I have been working at Zoosk full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Terrific work culture: result driven with virtually no office politics.
    - Fun place to work: most people are really laid back and work well together.
    - Smart people, the talent bar is high.
    - Flexible Time Off plan with "unlimited" time off (expect no problem getting at least 4 weeks/year, more is common but might be a stretch in some cases or on some teams).
    - Strong growth trajectory: company is growing fast and opportunities for individual growth also abound.

Cons

Growth has its discontents: Zoosk still operates mostly like a start-up, but it's reached almost 200 employees and is inevitably becoming more structured: there is nothing wrong with that but if you're looking for a start-up culture this might not be the best fit in the medium to long term.

There are newer employer reviews for Zoosk