Zumba Fitness

www.zumba.com
  www.zumba.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zumba Fitness

Most disorganized company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Marketing in Hallandale, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Hallandale, FL

I worked at Zumba Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have a job. Some of your co-workers might be cool, so you'll have people who are on your side.

Cons

Extremely high stress level, WAY too much pressure to finish workload of 3 people in light-speed.... they squeeze every penny out of you. No challenges, no room for advancement, all management completely ignores your ideas or concerns, including HR.

Everyone here is still working their asses off at 7pm, many until 8 or 9, prepare to work on Saturdays......prepare for slavery, chaos, a loud work environment..... and get a wig, cause your hair will fall out at this job.

Get real, slave drivers.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Zumba Fitness (View Most Recent)

Nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

I worked at Zumba Fitness

Pros

They have a great brand

Cons

This undoubtedly is one of the worst companies I have worked for and many of my co workers felt the same. Management's attitude is very poor and too chauvinistic and what they expect (like taking home work), amongst many other things are unbelievable. I rather remained unemployed than deal with these poor souls hence I quit. Their staff and remaining crop is a reflection of why there is a high turnover.

Be nice! Your management are really not that great or talented namely, the customer service managers. If you want the best and keep threatening your subordinates you will end up with a mediocre group. If you think you have the best? Guess what? They will end up leaving you anyway.

It's not work, It's a Party!

Current Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Zumba Fitness as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The flexibility to have your own unique style is great and fellow instructors are so energetic and inspiring! I love telling people that I am a Zumba Fitness instructor as I have a seen how the program's "Come as you are" mentality has changed people. This is what made me become an instructor, coming from a non-fitness background, I never would have thought I would be instructing a fitness class, yet every week I stand on stage and have a party with my participants with a big smile on my face.

Cons

It can be challenging to keep your choreography fresh, especially when there are many other instructors in your area that you teach in.

Perhaps having more direct communications with instructors/ZIN members would make us feel like a better family. I feel like as instructors we're a big family with Zumba Home Office as the parents that taught us what we know, but are never around.

There are newer employer reviews for Zumba Fitness