Zumiez

www.zumiez.com

Felt like Highschool all over again.

Designer (Current Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsThe ability to skate around the office was rad, especially at the new HQ office.

Lot's of free booze on company outings, These people drink which can be fun.

It is nice to know you are working for a leader in the industry.

ConsOffice politics are exactly like highschool.

It is very much a popularity contest here. Very little clear direction for creatives, and senseless changes on every project all the way up the management chain.

It is almost like every manager has to put his opinion and 2 cents in so they feel as if they are doing their job or something. It is one thing to be detailed and over examine big projects, but having 15 revisions for something that will be up online for 2 weeks is a waste of time and just ads stress.

There isn't trust on an tasks. The management really likes to hold your hand and use you as a tool.

All in all if you want to be a tool or are the cool kid in highschool come join us!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees, that they will do the best job. Using us just as tools will only get you so far and leave us bitter.

Growing company looking for growing minds!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Corona, CA

I have been working at Zumiez full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun and exciting place to work. Main focuses are continuous improvement both production and people wise. If you are looking for a place to… Cons: Warehouse conditions are uncomfortable at times (depending on the season). If you have allergies or asthma or can't stand too much heat… Advice to Senior Management: Work on making the working environment a little better for the people. Walking from the outside to the inside… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

it was alright.

I have been working at Zumiez

Pros: skating inside the building, lots of drinking, free giveaways. Cons: low paying salaries with little place for advancement More
There are newer reviews on Zumiez.

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!