There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez

Great if your whole life revolves around work

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Store Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Zumiez full-time for more than a year

Pros

-50% discount for store managers (which was nice with such low pay)
-100k event for top 1,000 employees
-easy work
-play your own music

Cons

-awful pay
-impossible sales goals ($2,000 before noon, while only an average of six customers had even stepped inside. My store was between a Pac Sun and Hot Topic, and we were expected to stand outside and yell at people to get them to shop at Zumiez instead. Ten year olds with $5 in their pockets were pressured to beg their parents for more money.)
-demanding management (again, impossible sales goals. Working every weekend and night. 40 hour weeks were just a suggestion)
-work consumes life
-forced to over-work your sales associates who are making an equally low pay rate

If employees were paid more, they would actually care about work! Train store managers better and don't threaten them.

162 Other Employee Reviews for Zumiez (View Most Recent)

Growing company looking for growing minds!

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Corona, CA

I have been working at Zumiez full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun and exciting place to work. Main focuses are continuous improvement both production and people wise. If you are looking for a place to challenge you professionally and a place that is willing to support your ideas then this is a place for you! We're like family here.

Cons

Warehouse conditions are uncomfortable at times (depending on the season). If you have allergies or asthma or can't stand too much heat or cold then do not work here. Pay is lower than most warehouses. Seasons at times slow down to 20 a wk.

Work on making the working environment a little better for the people. Walking from the outside to the inside in extreme weather during the summer and winter season really does a number of people. The dust is horrible!

Felt like Highschool all over again.

Current Employee - Designer  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Designer in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Zumiez full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to skate around the office was rad, especially at the new HQ office.

Lot's of free booze on company outings, These people drink which can be fun.

It is nice to know you are working for a leader in the industry.

Cons

Office politics are exactly like highschool.

It is very much a popularity contest here. Very little clear direction for creatives, and senseless changes on every project all the way up the management chain.

It is almost like every manager has to put his opinion and 2 cents in so they feel as if they are doing their job or something. It is one thing to be detailed and over examine big projects, but having 15 revisions for something that will be up online for 2 weeks is a waste of time and just ads stress.

There isn't trust on an tasks. The management really likes to hold your hand and use you as a tool.

All in all if you want to be a tool or are the cool kid in highschool come join us!

Trust your employees, that they will do the best job. Using us just as tools will only get you so far and leave us bitter.

There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez

Worked for Zumiez? Contribute to the Community!