There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez

Fun environment, terrible sales system, terrible hours

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, CT
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, CT

I have been working at Zumiez part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed Co-workers are generally pretty cool Cool/interesting products Decent discount (25% off for sales associates)

Cons

Worst hours of any job I've ever worked. The sales methods we are forced to use are bad, customers find it annoying. Competitiveness drives down efficiency. Computers are terrible, pain to use Managers are generally very incompetent

Advice to Management

Get rid of individual sales goals, give sales associates more hours, invest in a new computer system.

Other Employee Reviews for Zumiez

1. A great place, if you end up in the right staff.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Zumiez part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great environment (friendly people, good music, ability to bond with both customers and coworkers) -Relaxed dress code -Full of "goofy" people -Sales techniques are spot on and generally work -Commission on sales $100 or more -Discounts -

Cons

-Little respect for employees (i.e.: I was sexually harassed by a new manager and reported him. After a week without pay and while he was paid for his time off, I was transferred to another Zumiez and the manager got to keep his job.) -Low pay -Sales goals are always based on last year's earnings, which can be problematic because last year's economic conditions never mirror this year's -Hours are unpredictable (i.e.: 20 hours one week, 5 the next) -Coworkers may be unreliable and have questionable backgrounds (i.e.: I have learned that at least three of my former managers/assistant managers have criminal backgrounds and that one was taking money from coworkers "for gas" to buy drugs)

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, and take them seriously when they express concern with the ways they are being treated; do not cart them off to different stores to sweep ugly stories under rugs.

2. Good atmosphere, bad pay.

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Zumiez part-time (More than a year)

Pros

commission on sales over $100. fun work environment. casual dress code.

Cons

terrible pay, very intense selling techniques that must be perfectly executed.

Advice to Management

give people raises