Zumiez

www.zumiez.com
  www.zumiez.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez

You must live the lifestyle of the company culture.

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zumiez full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are great opportunities to party a few times a year with professional riders.

Cons

You don't get paid for all the hours you work. You get yelled at daily, for things that happened on your days off. There is no real disciplinary actions for those who deserve it.

177 Other Employee Reviews for Zumiez (View Most Recent)

One of the best jobs

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salem, NH

I have been working at Zumiez part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and friendly staff
    relaxed
    you want to work hard
    i feel excited to go to work
     commission!
    Hard work is noted
    supportive staff
    staff outings

Cons

minimum pay
    ladders are a pain if there is no room for the shoes in the back room
    always changing store set up

If a hard working employee messes up totally by accident do not rail on them. this happen to me at zumiez once and then once at my other job. my zumiez manager handled it so well by making sure i knew it wasn't the end of the world (i hate messing up, almost cried)and it was not a big deal. she made me feel more at ease. sometimes you just miss a beat and the people i work with at zumiez understand. that experience made me appreciate my zumiez manager so much more and i have learned from that and i make sure i do not repeat my mistake. understanding your employees is a HUGE thing. you need to listen to them and never be afraid to talk to them. i have so much respect for my managers because they are calm and very understanding. there is a right and a wrong way of handling things. know your employees and you will learn what path to take.

Not a bad place to work or pick up sales experience

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Massapequa, NY
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Massapequa, NY

I have been working at Zumiez part-time (less than an year)

Pros

trendy clothing store, discounts, commission, and cool people to work with, great customer service experience, also not too hard to get a job there if you ask at the right time
    i've worked here twice in the past 2 yrs and each time i was a seasonal employee. when i asked for the job the first time i was persistent and got a one on one interview w/ the manager. got hired on the spot. def prepped me to work fer a zumiez in a higher traffic mall later on. pretty sweettttt.

Cons

possible danger when getting shoes on their huge ladder... a bigger backroom would be cool.. lol... douchebag customers sometimes

give all employees all of the information meaning selling technique packets and product guides.. thatd be cool

There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez