Zumiez

great experience

Current Employee - Store Manager in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Store Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Zumiez

Pros

met most of my closest friends there.
discount
trips
training
GREAT district manager
mgmt saw potential in me and promoted me

Cons

holiday sucks
constantly dealing with shoplifters

make it easier for employees at the store level to move up to home office positions.

178 Other Employee Reviews for Zumiez (View Most Recent)

i loved working for Zumiez

Former Employee - Second Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Second Assistant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Zumiez

Pros

the best reasons to work for Zumiez, is that the company is all about growth. you are incharge of your own salary and it is all up to you to get promoted.

Cons

the hours are tough because there is always things that need to be fixed or changed. working in a high volume was particulary difficult du to late nights.

Zumiez is an amazing company. i feel so honored to have the opportunity to work for Zumiez. i walked away with a lot of useful tools to better myself and my career.

If Zumiez Salaries Matched Zumiez Rockin Work Environment, Perfection Would Be Reached

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Zumiez

Pros

There is an exciting buzz around the company due to success and growth. It's not a super nice "executive looking" environment ie: we use old Boeing desks. I love that it is not fluffy. I love being able to dress however I want. You can create your own success because there is freedom and encouragment to bring new ideas and innovation to you job.

Cons

Our store sales teams make a lot happen for this company due to thier ability to sell what we offer. They are treated like royalty and sometimes the home office staff is not. Although stock options and bonus structure is OK, base salary's are below industry average.

Keep us informed on the timeline of growth initiatives and take into consideration we are as important as the store teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez