Zumiez

horriblen

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montclair, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montclair, CA

I worked at Zumiez

Pros

No Pro's it was a horrible job. I was on call and when i actually did have the chance to work, they wanted me to come in from 10pm- 2 am... yes... to work on displays... it was horrible having to go to work so late especially because i was trying to finish up college!!

Cons

They need to consider the "availability" of their sales associates. "On call" is a horrible way to hire someone...its unfair, especailly to a full-time college student who needs a set schedule...

178 Other Employee Reviews for Zumiez (View Most Recent)

Challenge from the start.

Current Employee - First Assistant Store Manager in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - First Assistant Store Manager in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Zumiez

Pros

Very fun, laid back atmosphere to work in. High energy, do what you want, no rules apply kind of store. Organized chaos , and I LOVE that. My team was absolutely amazing, we all worked together so good! The first year I worked there I got to go to Washington state for a snow conference, Chicago for a district meeting, and Colorado as a reward trip, everything paid for by zumiez.

Cons

Within the first two months of working there I was expected to run the store with little to no staff. I finally got promoted from second assistant to first assistant. Although an acting store manager was put into place I continued to train and learn how to properly run the store. At my one year mark I asked for another raise, when I thought i was going to get an "Of course you have done so much" Instead I was told i needed to make a list of reasons why i deserved a raise and then I was given $0.25.

You expect so much out of your employees which i think is GREAT, but i believe there is a time to ask for more and there is a time to step back and say what an AWESOME job you did. Also have more faith in your managers, we do and can do more then you give us credit for.

Funnest company to work for in the retail industry by far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zumiez

Pros

The people you work with are AWESOME! We have a ton of fun, nothing is taken too seriously, get to listen to our own music and have a good time. Zumiez offers a ton of contests where you can win giftcards, prizes and trips! Opportunity to be promoted in the company is there for anyone who is willing to take the challenge.

Cons

It is exhausting to be in a high pressure selling environment for long periods of time. Sometimes I get very tired of talking to people.

Keep being awesome! Don't be too by the book.

There are newer employer reviews for Zumiez