Zuora

www.zuora.com
  www.zuora.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zuora

Worst sales culture I've seen in my career

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive
Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I worked at Zuora full-time (less than an year)

Pros

On the face of it, compensation is good, but like another reviewer pointed out, maximizing your variable is another story.

Cons

I was here a short time but in that period I had two large deals fall through because the prospect did back door references and were told to stay away from Zuora. One customer said it was the worst purchasing decision they ever made in their career.

And as others have pointed out, many of these positive reviews seem planted. I was asked by HR to write a review when I'd been there only a few weeks. They provided some helpful "guidance" as to what to write.

You can dismiss the bad reviews as bitter or disgruntled employees but isn't that the point of leaving reviews? They are bitter and disgruntled for a reason. Luckily I didn't stay long enough to become bitter but I can see how it would happen.

This company is great at hyping themselves up and making it seem like it's on the fast path to IPO, great culture, etc. Once I was there, it didn't take long to see the truth and I regretted leaving my previous company, where I was making good money and my deals didn't get blown up by bad customer references.

We live in Silicon Valley, the tech capital of the world, why work here when you have so many options?

Stop asking employees to plant reviews, it's creating a false impression that isn't lived up to.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Zuora (View Most Recent)

If you work hard, the payoff is there.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have only been working at Zuora for a short amount of time, and so far so good! I am very pleased with my decision to work here.

I have never been at a company where the earning potential was so high and achievable. Obviously that doesn't come without hard work and dedication. If you are willing to bust your butt, put in the hours, and be open to being coached be senior management, then the sky is the limit here. Zuora's marketing and ZBR department does a great job keeping the inbound leads coming, but you also have to prospect on your own. Frankly, this is the first job that I ever have had any inbound leads come my way, so to me that is all icing on the cake. The bottom line is, and there is no escaping this, you don't make a ton of dough without a ton of hours of work, period. And if you are looking for a 9-5 and expect to make 6 figures, then you are delusional.

--Great Product, love the team, everyone works hard and plays hard...the company is truly at the head of a worldwide movement in business with companies moving towards the subscription model, and to me, that is exciting.

The other thing I really value about working at Zuora, is that you get access to incredibly smart people, E-staff, management, etc....You don't get that level of access working for a Fortune 500.

The tools are there for you to be successful, you just have to grab things by the horns and run with it!

Cons

--The keg runs out often

Things are coming along. Marc Diouane was a great addition to the team. There are some growing pains, but that's what one would expect in a growing company.
    Continue to build people up and use positive reinforcement--the small compliments go a long way! :)

Good

Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Foster City, CA

I worked at Zuora full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SaaS model
    never a dull moment
    Many opportunities to work on different projects

Cons

work late night and weekend
    most of the management team is from CA

There are newer employer reviews for Zuora