Zynga

www.zynga.com

Classic plump and dump startup

(Former Employee)

ProsLargest social games network in the world

Chance to become rich off stock (VP and C-staff only, not so much if you are an individual contributor)

Big new building, very nice

Free food ( however the quality had steadily gone down, but hey its free)

ConsZero processes for game design, engineering, creative, project management.

Being told by my manager that if i am not at home sleeping, then i am here working. That is how i was welcomed to the team.

Worst HR department i have ever witnessed. It was heartbreaking how much employees suffer due inability of this unprofessional group to do their job. HR one focus seems to be giving perks, bonuses and quarterly awards to themselves. When employees complained HR un-friended us in the lower pay grades, so as not to be to conspicuous.

Operations really is a danger to this companies future growth. inept and callous, obviously more concerned about IPO , being the face of Zynga's humanitarian efforts and quarterly videos than being a real leader.

All the ex Electronic Arts VPs. These are the very same people who ran EA into the ground 5 years ago. Now they have brought their same lack of initiatives to Zynga and it shows.

Advice to Senior Managementsurvey the whole company about the areas that need to be addressed( HR, Operations, etc), assign these issues to your exec. team and hold them accountable to make measurable improvements on a quarterly bases. if they fail get rid of them.

Survey studios individually and hold the GM accountable above and beyond DAU and Rev.

I was treated very bad, my Manager was not supportive and only looked out for himself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zynga

Pros: Free Lunch, and Dinner, gym membership, Stock, (if you were… Cons: Poor Leaders, very fast pace, no life outside of Zynga. Work many hours for nothing in return. Everyone is miserable there and just waiting to… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high-horse! Your not better than everyone else.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The worst development environment of all time

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zynga

Pros: free food (every where) Good personal hardware (computers, phones, etc) Cons: Everything else, so where do I start. 1. At no time are the actual skills and experience of an engineer actually taken into account. This … Advice to Senior Management: Management is going great $$ wise, but it would be best to slow down… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!