There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

A great place for smart, driven people who care

Current Employee - Game Designer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Game Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

If you can think it, you can do it at Zynga. It's fast-paced and fun. There are loads of perks, including free health care and a generous vacation policy (no policy - take time when you need it). Easy access to top management even with 3,000 employees. It's open and flexible here. You can do your best work at Zynga.

Cons

The environment encourages achievement and hard work -- bettering your best. It's not for everyone. Those not prepared for this, could be challenged.

Keep the open and honest format and feedback.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Zynga (View Most Recent)

Sky's the limit opportunity, fast-paced and fun of a start-up, scale of a global brand & business

Current Employee - Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

Opportunity to affect culture, and your friends & family every day.
    The scale we build for is incredible. Where else do 50 M people play every day on what you build?
    Responsibility & accountability is everywhere - if you want it, you can have it.
    Opportunity to build on a world stage and do things that haven't been done before - every day.
    Insanely awesome perks - gym, incredible food, dogs everywhere, mobile culture, happy hours, quarterly meetings.
    Plenty of access to top management.
    You're not building your resume - you just want to be a part of something unique and meaningful.
    You like solving problems and doing something that's never been done before.
    You're comfortable defining and disrupting industries not walking in other brand's footsteps.
    You like to move fast and see results quickly.

Cons

Start-ups are for people that like accountability and responsibility.
    We have a high bar, a lot is expected of people at every level - you have to be comfortable with working hard and showing results often.
    Zynga moves really really fast. We have to stay ahead of what consumers want and where the market is going, we don't have time to do something next week or next month.
    Because we're doing something different, hours aren't always predictable.
    Prioritization can be tough - you can't get to everything so you have to chop out what doesn't matter.
    People need to see what something was a good idea, be ready to show metrics-driven results after you accomplish something.
    This is not a laid back, in-house job.

The Smartest People You'll Ever Work With

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

Literally everyone you work with is a rock star - across all teams, game studios, marketing, legal, finance, ad sales, etc., you're working with people who have amazing experience and an understanding of the game, tech and software landscapes.

We're in a nascent industry that will change the way people play on the web. Mark and the execs are serious about their mission of connecting the world through play. Yes we're a business, and maintaining profitability is important, but we also all understand that we're in the first inning within the industry. The opportunity to build the way people connect and play on the web is pretty amazing.

There's a lot of accountability and responsibility placed on individuals. I suppose if you're not the kind of person that wants to take on projects and push to make them happen, then this could be a con. I see this as a pro, people give you room to work.

Great benefits - you see this a lot, but healthcare is free for employees, cheap for family members, and the coverage is fantastic. Dental, Gym membership/gym at the office, take your dog to work. Free meals.

Cons

Work Life Balance - teams crunch around new launches and initiatives, and because we're a service company, we've have more crunch time. Some teams are overworked, but there's also a concerted effort to put in support systems to change that. We'll see how that progresses.

Need a better Roadmap. Related to work/life balance in some ways. When we see an opportunity, we jump on it and move quickly. It's one of the reason's we've been so successful. but that also means that people have to drop projects and move to other things, and that can be tough. It would be nice to find a way to maintain product flexibility, but not do it at the cost of weird cycles and churn.

Need a better understanding of career advancement and management tracks - there are favorites at the company, and real superstars, but it's not always clear on what you need to do to rise to the top.

Now is a critical moment, as the company is public and looking to build value for the long term. The talent and the product development is there, now it's just a matter of figuring out the most efficient systems to give feedback, road map, and help people grow their careers at Zynga.

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!