Zynga
www.zynga.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Possitive

Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Zynga as a contractor for more than a year

ProsYour work counts. Millions of people play the game or user the feature you wrote. Failure is tolerated and never punished. You can actually learn from your mistakes. Compensation is better then in any other company I have ever worked for. Benefits are amazing. Vacation, time off, dogs at work, catered lunch and dinner, gym membership, transportation to and from work is free. Financial bonuses are substantial.

ConsVery long hours and very stressful work. More so then any other game company I worked for. No ownership of work. You work as if on an assembly line. Working on feature after feature with no end in sight. Features are designed by Project Managers that have no clue what they're doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has no idea why Zynga is making the money it does. Focus on games for women. Most of your players are female. Pay attention to your community managers. They are in touch with the players and know what makes a game successful. Reduce the number of Project Managers. They detract from productivity, by asking for features that do not contribute to the success of a game. Do not get into on-line gambling. You're going to lose employees.

Enlightening

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Zynga full-time for less than a year

Pros: Gaming Innovative culture Working with the latest and best technologies Cons: Work life balance and demands for hours Advice to Senior Management: Innovation is about being more experimental, that aspect is ignored Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

coool!

I have been working at Zynga for less than a year

Pros: flexible work environment ergonomics is observed Cons: no cab service no 9 hrs lo-gin.it may be less or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zynga reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zynga CEO Don Mattrick. All reviews posted anonymously by Zynga employees.