There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

If you work for Zynga, you have already peaked

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, free food, great location

Cons

Low level of responsibility, severe micromanagement

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very fast paced, incredible people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent perks + benefits. Incredible talent. Fairly horizontal org. Dogs allowed all days. Lots of free swag. All the snacks + drinks you ever need or want. Gourmet meals every day.

Cons

Long hours, hectic at times. Not a very strong upper management team. A bit unclear on direction at times. Career Advancement is very possible but sometimes not very clear how

Advice to Management

401k Match sorely needed

I love working here

Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks and benefits - Gym, free meals, weekly happy hours, on-site haircuts, massages, bonuses, etc.
    Kick-ass culture - Not sure why this place is getting so much hate in the news. This is a work environment that definitely challenges employees to work hard, work smart, and collaborate with one another. I love it.
    Great people - I respect the majority of people here as professionals. Strong leaders are all over the company looking to work with each other towards the company vision. I also appreciate the many friendships I've built.
    Leaders care about employees - Leadership is always involved in getting their employees to better themselves as professionals and to promote from within. Additionally, there's many Zynga-wide programs that cater towards the serial-entrepreneur (hack-a-thons, game pitch nights, etc.).

Cons

Minimal cons. 1st world problems only (e.g. 3rd floor toaster often times burns my bagels). I suppose the only knack is that this is indeed a challenging environment. Depending on the project you may need to dedicate a solid 60-70 hour week or two (ok maybe three) once a quarter. Though, I'd argue that's not much of a con at all, especially if you love your job.

Advice to Management

It'd be great if employees could have dedicated time within the week and/or month to get more involved with entrepreneurial activities for Zynga (new games, new programs, education, etc.). I know the team is encouraged to do this throughout the quarter, however, it can be difficult for studio teams to make time for this.