Too many undelivered promises

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food
Smart people

I was working on one of the "ville" games and I thought it was going to be a lot more interesting given how many millions of users we had.

Cons

Zero passion about the games
Grueling hours - my manager made me cancel a family vacation once
Very narrow scope and responsibilities
Hug team size plummeting stock price - I was told by the recruiter that we should expect $100 stock price a year after IPO. There should be a law against this.

Remove Mark as CEO and put someone in his place that actually cares about the products they make.
Smaller teams and more achievable deadlines.

Other Reviews for Zynga

Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with very bright people. Learning a wide array of languages and skills.

Cons

Not always doing game developing (marketing, code refactoring)

Take more risks.

I love working here

Current Employee - Producer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks and benefits - Gym, free meals, weekly happy hours, on-site haircuts, massages, bonuses, etc.
    Kick-ass culture - Not sure why this place is getting so much hate in the news. This is a work environment that definitely challenges employees to work hard, work smart, and collaborate with one another. I love it.
    Great people - I respect the majority of people here as professionals. Strong leaders are all over the company looking to work with each other towards the company vision. I also appreciate the many friendships I've built.
    Leaders care about employees - Leadership is always involved in getting their employees to better themselves as professionals and to promote from within. Additionally, there's many Zynga-wide programs that cater towards the serial-entrepreneur (hack-a-thons, game pitch nights, etc.).

Cons

Minimal cons. 1st world problems only (e.g. 3rd floor toaster often times burns my bagels). I suppose the only knack is that this is indeed a challenging environment. Depending on the project you may need to dedicate a solid 60-70 hour week or two (ok maybe three) once a quarter. Though, I'd argue that's not much of a con at all, especially if you love your job.

It'd be great if employees could have dedicated time within the week and/or month to get more involved with entrepreneurial activities for Zynga (new games, new programs, education, etc.). I know the team is encouraged to do this throughout the quarter, however, it can be difficult for studio teams to make time for this.

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!