Zynga
www.zynga.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Don't lay off your best talent

Community Manager Lead (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsWhile it lasted, it was a great gig. The perks were nice and the people were fun to work with.

ConsTheir recent round of layoffs were "wrong place, wrong time" with no consideration made to skills, positions, seniority, value, etc. The company blindly cut teams right and left giving no consideration to who/what/when/why.

Company sent an entire team to Hawaii not one month prior to laying off 500+ employees.

If you are currently there or one of the new hires (Yes they are still hiring....explain that...) you need to get yourself on the Poker or FarmVille 2 teams as quickly as possible. It doesn't matter if you think another team has potential...Poker is the safest place to be. The company is crumbling one team at a time and those will be the last to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementLayoffs have to happen, we understand that. Don't screw over your most passionate, loyal, and skilled workers (unless you were actually doing us some kind of favor by letting us out early before the entire place shuts down)

This company is disorganized

I have been working at Zynga

Pros: Good perks, free food, snacks and drinks Cons: Horrible internal structure, quarterly based fiscally, no cohesion Advice to Senior Management: Needs complete restructure internally More

It was interesting

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga part-time for less than a year

Pros: They give you a lot of money Cons: They work you very hard Advice to Senior Management: Be more creative No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zynga reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zynga CEO Don Mattrick. All reviews posted anonymously by Zynga employees.