There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

hard work, slow pace

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

food. work like balance. vacations.

Cons

bad structure. low efficiency with high input.

be smart.

reviews filtered by
  1. Still a great place to learn.

Former Employee - Lead Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of talented people still at zynga, and some of them (not the majority, mind you) will help you learn how to be better at your job, whatever it is. You will have to seek these people out yourself, but if you do when you leave here your career will have benefitted substantially, even if your wallet hasn't.

Cons

Morale is in a bad place (but... Is almost certain to be in for an upswing with the new CEO) and management is on a fairly long run of under execution and lack of a clear vision.

The green light process needs to work at least some of the time.
    Licensed IP is winning in mobile, why not find a partner for this?

Nice Perks and Benefits, Poor Morale, Meritocracy is Dead

I have been working at Zynga full-time

Pros

Good pay, great health/vision/dental plan, 401K, ESPP, free gourmet food and buffet and organic snacks, free coffee/gourmet drinks/soda/juices, they rent out several high quality food trucks after every quarterly meeting and it's all you can eat, free gym and classes, unlimited PTO.

Cons

I used to believe in their "meritocracy" when I first came on. I was a huge advocate of Zynga for the first year and a half. But recently we've faced major cutbacks, layoffs and restructuring, and found the company will no longer be giving bonuses for the next year and a half. I worked extremely hard but Zynga doesn't recognize hard work; their awards ceremony works like a high school rally in that it's a huge popularity contest. And the higher ups will continue to take credit for the grunts' hard work, no matter how much of an influence you make. Good ideas are shot down if it isn't a tried and true game that makes millions on the market; they speak of innovation year after year but it is still all about fast following for the money. Morale is sinking lower and lower, only the ones who are gung-ho about Zynga Spirit or those that make the most cash for the company (despite lack of innovation) will get that $100,000 stock reward, or $5000 cash plus a 4-day trip to any place in the world, or get to borrow the company Tesla.

Give some of the employees you stepped on some recognition with a bonus or at least a verbal mention; we all know you can spare a little if you're spending all this money on other things.

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga