Zynga
www.zynga.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nice Perks and Benefits, Poor Morale, Meritocracy is Dead

ProsGood pay, great health/vision/dental plan, 401K, ESPP, free gourmet food and buffet and organic snacks, free coffee/gourmet drinks/soda/juices, they rent out several high quality food trucks after every quarterly meeting and it's all you can eat, free gym and classes, unlimited PTO.

ConsI used to believe in their "meritocracy" when I first came on. I was a huge advocate of Zynga for the first year and a half. But recently we've faced major cutbacks, layoffs and restructuring, and found the company will no longer be giving bonuses for the next year and a half. I worked extremely hard but Zynga doesn't recognize hard work; their awards ceremony works like a high school rally in that it's a huge popularity contest. And the higher ups will continue to take credit for the grunts' hard work, no matter how much of an influence you make. Good ideas are shot down if it isn't a tried and true game that makes millions on the market; they speak of innovation year after year but it is still all about fast following for the money. Morale is sinking lower and lower, only the ones who are gung-ho about Zynga Spirit or those that make the most cash for the company (despite lack of innovation) will get that $100,000 stock reward, or $5000 cash plus a 4-day trip to any place in the world, or get to borrow the company Tesla.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some of the employees you stepped on some recognition with a bonus or at least a verbal mention; we all know you can spare a little if you're spending all this money on other things.

Decent perks and compensation, at the cost of your creative spirit.

Senior Artist (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Great perks like gym, massages, haircuts, snacks, drinks, and… Cons: - Severely political to the point of hampering productivity and creativity. - Near-zero value for creativity, artistry, and innovation in products. - Too focused on… Advice to Senior Management: - Put more emphasis on creativity and innovation instead of just giving lip service. - Focus on a solid long-term vision for the company as opposed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life as an Artist at Zynga.

Artist (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free meals: Friday Breakfast, Lunch (M-F), and Dinner (M-Thurs). Free Snacks: snack area, snack room, snack lounge; candy, trail mix, nori, gluten free gummies, cereal,… Cons: Long hours. Often belittled by management. Useful commentary is often ignored, or deferred. When sh_t hits the fan, the solution is to throw more people… Advice to Senior Management: When you have a team member who is capable of wearing many hats, and you hand him off to an Art Director who only wears… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zynga reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zynga CEO Don Mattrick. All reviews posted anonymously by Zynga employees.