Zynga

www.zynga.com

The Perks are Awesome; the Company is Meh....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros* AWESOME perks - the Culinary Department is superb. There's an onsite gym, a good coffee bar (for caffeine addicts), and, obviously, the dogs

* There are many good people at Zynga.

* MY personal work-life balance is pretty good, BUT this is HIGHLY dependent on WHICH team you work on. Many game teams are working LONG hours, including weekends, whereas non-game teams are putting in the necessary 40 hour / week.

Cons* The so-called Zynga speed? It's mostly hurry up & wait, especially on the back-end of Zynga's infrastructure & platform groups. (For game studios, it's break-neck speed).

* We shifted direction too many times, and since we have priorities only for a given quarter (which is what your bonuses are based upon), making GOOD long term decisions for the company is not the priority. Projects that were a priority one quarter are dropped in the next; making your work meaningless.

* Too many cooks in the kitchen; many teams overlap in doing the SAME THING and don't trust that other groups will do a good job. A lot of developer time & cycles are wasted

* The HR process of hiring people is a joke. It takes FOREVER to get anyone through the interview process (let alone hired), and you lose a lot of talent. They are more interested in putting on high-school pep rallies for people who have "leveled up" or are being recognized for their contribution. (Seriously, they had high school cheerleader outfits one quarter...) Make "People Resources" actually about helping the people at Zynga...and not the high school squad team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPICK a direction, stick with it, and give people a chance to do the RIGHT thing for Zynga instead of trying to meet objectives that change on the wind. Streamline the whole new IP process; make platform & game services ACTUAL working services that are easily integrated by a game studio instead of the monsters they are today.

Quality Assurance - A little lack luster

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Social Media GIANT - Good benefits - Competitive environment Cons: - Culture has soured in lieu of profitability - Limited… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities for individuals to advance their careers, what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall a great place to work.

UI Designer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Zynga does provide good benefits and extras, and the teammates I have worked with have been great. The teams that I have worked… Cons: I think the upper management is sometimes a little disconnected from the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!