Zynga

www.zynga.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

Overall a great place to work.

Current Employee - UI Designer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - UI Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Zynga does provide good benefits and extras, and the teammates I have worked with have been great. The teams that I have worked with are solid and know their stuff. I rarely feel like I am asked to sacrifice my life outside of work for unnecessary overtime.

Cons

I think the upper management is sometimes a little disconnected from the industry standards. I also thin the idea of cost-of-living raises is sorely lacking.

384 Other Employee Reviews for Zynga (View Most Recent)

this dog stinks

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

+ Free lunch and dinner, free blue bottles coffee all day
    + no one there will help you set goals but yourself. if you like this kind of freedom, this place is for you.

Cons

- zero focus: change directions all the time because either management don't care or they don't know what's going on. clueless or just plain lazy. that's "Be your ceo" model. you make upper management left to do nothing but collecting paychecks.

- HR dept is the most worthless , shameful dept i ever met. they build backbones around college grads. and only top game studios gets the bread. the rest of us gets the crumbs / weak hires. they failed to provide any real helps to make a dept successful. they suck, period.

- Central QA is a joke. the whole dept is made of game testers and they were unqualified to force to test complex platforms. couldn't catch any critical bugs but central qa and their QA managers kept saying central qa is great for the studio. bs. look at how many bugs you couldn't find because you are not capable. and of course, it falls outside of the scope of qa coverage so it didn't count as misses. another bs. worthless team. should hire real QAs with computer science degrees.

- PMs are jokes there. no freaking confidences on what they are producing. so they decide to run 10 to 20 different experiments to our customers for given releases.

step up and take ownership.

Super Fun Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of fun, High base salary, People are nice, Good Benefit

Cons

Not very stable, Stock is low, Hard to ship attracting games

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga