There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

Terrible

Former Intern - Software Intern in San Antonio, TX
Former Intern - Software Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Zynga as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Well, Zynga does provide good benefits and extras, and the teammates I have worked with have been great. The teams that I have worked with are solid and know their stuff. I rarely feel like I am asked to sacrifice my life outside of work for unnecessary overtime.

Cons

I think the upper management is disconnected from the gaming industry as a whole.

reviews filtered by

Was good for me

Former Employee - QA Manager
    Former Employee - QA Manager

I worked at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in
    They spoil their employees with perks & benefits
    Quarterly reviews and option for raise/bonus
    Great opportunities for leveling up.

Cons

People are hired into positions that they nothing about - this causes poor decisions to be made and people to lose their jobs.

Too much red tape to go through to get anything done to improve process

Too many egos and not enough open minded people

Don't be scared to call someone out on not doing their job even if it's a peer or your boss.

The Perks are Awesome; the Company is Meh....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* AWESOME perks - the Culinary Department is superb. There's an onsite gym, a good coffee bar (for caffeine addicts), and, obviously, the dogs

* There are many good people at Zynga.

* MY personal work-life balance is pretty good, BUT this is HIGHLY dependent on WHICH team you work on. Many game teams are working LONG hours, including weekends, whereas non-game teams are putting in the necessary 40 hour / week.

Cons

* The so-called Zynga speed? It's mostly hurry up & wait, especially on the back-end of Zynga's infrastructure & platform groups. (For game studios, it's break-neck speed).

* We shifted direction too many times, and since we have priorities only for a given quarter (which is what your bonuses are based upon), making GOOD long term decisions for the company is not the priority. Projects that were a priority one quarter are dropped in the next; making your work meaningless.

* Too many cooks in the kitchen; many teams overlap in doing the SAME THING and don't trust that other groups will do a good job. A lot of developer time & cycles are wasted

* The HR process of hiring people is a joke. It takes FOREVER to get anyone through the interview process (let alone hired), and you lose a lot of talent. They are more interested in putting on high-school pep rallies for people who have "leveled up" or are being recognized for their contribution. (Seriously, they had high school cheerleader outfits one quarter...) Make "People Resources" actually about helping the people at Zynga...and not the high school squad team.

PICK a direction, stick with it, and give people a chance to do the RIGHT thing for Zynga instead of trying to meet objectives that change on the wind. Streamline the whole new IP process; make platform & game services ACTUAL working services that are easily integrated by a game studio instead of the monsters they are today.

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga