Director

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot of perks free meals and gym access, beer bust every Friday afternoon

Cons

Lack of leadership from top management always changing direction.

Advice to Management

Work with your teams to create a long term plan for your staff that will grow them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Previous Room for Growth. Needs more Direction or Actual follow up on Direction made

Former Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Room for growth (at least when I was there) -Free food and snacks -Potential to make a position -Lots to learn in a face paced environment

Cons

-More time spent on restructuring than making games -Product Managers rule the roost -Lots of emphasis put on making fun games, but it doesn't happen -Direction comes from up top, but is rarely followed or enforced -Depending on org, there may be no direction

Advice to Management

Be open with communication and actually give direction. No org should go months with no idea of OKRs, or hear randomly from someone else how bad they are doing. Not only should direction should be given, it needs follow up to make sure people are doing work that is in accordance with that direction. On top of that, Managers need to manage. Too much freedom is a bad thing. If you don't assign work to someone then they have no idea what to do, which does not allow them to grow as an employee.

2. Thanks Zynga, it was fun!

Former Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great co-workers, work-life balance was definitely better than most tech companies (IMO), fun, vibrant, always changing work flow.

Cons

Management decisions that seemed half hazard or last minute, lack of clear goals or direction for the long haul, no "level up" or mentoring possibilities for anyone who is NOT an Engineer, volatile environment (fearful, worrisome, unsteady footing).

Advice to Management

I loved my time at Zynga Seattle and wouldn't trade it for anything. I also wish the company the very best going forward, I hope Z can pull out of their seeming tail-spin and right itself for the long haul. My co-workers (the team of folks I worked with in Seattle, at HQ, and other remotes) were AMAZING people, some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with or for. I hope you'll remember that when making decisions to close locations or shut down departments in the future. You can't "create" good people, be careful how quick you are to cut them loose.