Zynga

www.zynga.com

Mercenaries, not Missionaries

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBrilliant people who came from consulting, investment banking, and a wide range of experience. Compensation was nice, good facade of meritocracy, office had ample food and snacks. Gym was a plus. I went back recently and I thought to myself that the place looks nicer than when I left, which is odd since the company's stock value has gone down.

ConsNo work-life balance, terrible leadership, idiotic management who had rose through the ranks by bullying individuals and humiliating people. Turns out when the stock price goes sour, all of these people run for the hills because they were only in the zero-sum company for the gain they could take from others anyway. I think I learned bad habits here that I'll have to recover from - like thinking that everyone else is out to get you and to think that company politics is how all companies are run.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up a little guys. Stop trying to over-manage things. Instead, try to embody the parts of the bay area that make startups powerful. Focus on new platforms and stop trying to optimize and milk your way to profitability. Instead, test, iterate quickly, and be like the initial Zynga, not the one it's become.

The best place I've ever worked at. Think about my Z family often.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Incredible amount of drive, intellectual horsepower and fun co workers. -We had an insatiable appetite to win and learn as much as we could. -Company felt… Cons: -We were trailblazing an industry with social games and there was a lot changes in that drop of a dime -We could have… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on the people that have maintained focus and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good culture, perks & compensation / shaky decision making.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, fun culture, good compensation and great benefits. Cons: Poor decision making by management, didn't pivot strategy post IPO quick… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!