Zynga

www.zynga.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zynga

there is nothing good about Zynga except for the compensation

Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good compensation is the only good thing. Except for that I don't find any other good thing about this job!!

Cons

negative career growth ( the shitty management and politics will make you even forget your previous skills), inexperienced managers, not so knowledgable people left in the company anymore.

please get some management skills and try to make sense!!

384 Other Employee Reviews for Zynga (View Most Recent)

Mercenaries, not Missionaries

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Brilliant people who came from consulting, investment banking, and a wide range of experience. Compensation was nice, good facade of meritocracy, office had ample food and snacks. Gym was a plus. I went back recently and I thought to myself that the place looks nicer than when I left, which is odd since the company's stock value has gone down.

Cons

No work-life balance, terrible leadership, idiotic management who had rose through the ranks by bullying individuals and humiliating people. Turns out when the stock price goes sour, all of these people run for the hills because they were only in the zero-sum company for the gain they could take from others anyway. I think I learned bad habits here that I'll have to recover from - like thinking that everyone else is out to get you and to think that company politics is how all companies are run.

Grow up a little guys. Stop trying to over-manage things. Instead, try to embody the parts of the bay area that make startups powerful. Focus on new platforms and stop trying to optimize and milk your way to profitability. Instead, test, iterate quickly, and be like the initial Zynga, not the one it's become.

The best place I've ever worked at. Think about my Z family often.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Incredible amount of drive, intellectual horsepower and fun co workers.
    -We had an insatiable appetite to win and learn as much as we could.
    -Company felt like it operated in a unified front for many years
    -Quarterly rewards/recognition
    -incredibly talented culinary team & holistic health care services
    -Transparent CEO (at the time Mark) who had a passion for people and the product
    -Very approachable and personable leadership team
    -We worked long hours for something we believed in (the sweatshop comments are hilarious). No one forces you to work long hours. If you can cultivate an environment where people truly care and put in the amount of effort - it's a pro in my book.
    -Some of the smartest most down to earth folks you can work with in the valley

Cons

-We were trailblazing an industry with social games and there was a lot changes in that drop of a dime
    -We could have done earlier training/dev of management to prepare for the rapid growth
    -No sophisticated system in place to track how often comp wasn't reviewed

Continue to focus on the people that have maintained focus and dedication to the product. We are all still rooting for you!

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga