There are newer employer reviews for Zywave

Great place to work. Excellent, intelligent group to work with.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Zywave

Pros

Great people to work with. Excellent benefits. Great work/life balance. Great interactive with personal. Great place to learn and grow. Good communications with management and supervisory personnel.

Cons

Lack of marketing all products. Focus is on complex software. Little marketing efforts to independent planners. Focus is on maintaing software for large clients.

Advice to Management

Market all software products. Grow brands. They are great products. Market to independent users. Software ease of use is important. Users like output of other products.

reviews filtered by

Private company trying its hardest to get gobbled up by a big company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave

Pros

If you worked there before the partnership I could think of many pros
    A place to cut your teeth if your straight out of school

Cons

Management reminds me of high school kids (clicky) (bad decision making)
    Its nothing more than a pit stop nothing long term.
    Creative cutting of high-end personel in order to cook the books to meet quaterly growth percentages.

Advice to Management

Find different job ASAP

A cautionary tale of what happens when investment capital meets over-matched management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Zywave

Pros

The building is nice.
    There's a locker room with showers in the basement which very handy if you work out during lunch.
    There are still some incredibly sharp, intelligent professionals there who are good role models.
    I had the opportunity to expand my skills into several areas that I might not have otherwise had the chance to experience.
    If you are reasonably competent and personality-challenged, you should go far!
    Did I mention the building is nice?

Cons

There's a marked divide between the "sales" and the "IT" functions, both physically and in mindset. Most if not all of the culling of senior employees has come from the IT side of the house. It's quite clear now who is driving things. It's juvenile in many respects, but that is a reflection of the management.
    That culling of senior employees I mentioned? It's not helping people feel better about the place, and contributes what can only be called a culture of paranoia. The end of the quarter is viewed with a lot of trepidation.
    Don't expect your tedious annual performance review to have much bearing on your employment status.