There are newer employer reviews for Zywave

Could Not Ask For More From A Company

Current Employee - Content Writer in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Content Writer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is my first job out of college, and I could not ask for more from a company. After months and months and months of searching for and interviewing for jobs, I struggled to find the right company that matched the things I value most: my time, my money and my happiness. To start, the employee benefits are unbelievable. Immediate Paid Time Off is something that I had never seen in all of the companies I worked for/interviewed with (most of them require a certain amount of time worked before you can use it, often 6 months). Insurance offers great coverage, and 401(k) options are phenomenal (employees have their choice of Traditional or Roth plans), and the company offers an enticing employee match plan. Perhaps the most important of all, the company STRONGLY aims to please their employees. They offer an enticing flex-scheduling program, essentially allowing employees to create their own schedule. Core hours for the company are 10am-2pm, and employees are free to flex their time around that short 4 hour block, so long as they work a "full" workweek of 40 hours (or less). Most entry-level jobs I applied and interviewed for had workweeks of 45-60 hours. At Zywave, they really place an emphasis on work-life balance. There is not a single person I have met that is rude, and the environment is incredibly friendly. The people that you don’t know when you pass them in the hall and say “hello” even feel as if they’ve been your friend for years. Also, we recently had a summer company party/outing, that was BY FAR the best I had ever been a part of or even heard of. I can proudly say that one of the most fun days I have had in recent memory came while attending the company party, all while being paid because I was technically “on the clock.” The outing was a blast, and I bet every employee here had just a fun a time as I did. Just to give an example of the friendly and interactive environment here, the party was technically scheduled to go until 5pm, but there were still Zywave employees roaming the venue of the event at 9pm (and maybe even later). I spent months being patient, weighing my options, and being sure that the company I committed to was right for me, and I suggest the same for any seekers. I held out for a fantastic opportunity at Zywave Inc., and I could not ask for more from a company. The autonomy, friendly atmosphere, employee benefits package, retirement plans, flex scheduling and (I can’t believe I forgot to mention this up to this point) FREE soda and coffee make this place a great reason for me to happily hop out of bed every morning at 6am (but you can sleep in if you’d rather come in later…the beauty of flex scheduling).

Cons

Uh…the soda machine is primarily Pepsi products and I prefer Coke? Yeah…that is the worst of my worries…that’s how nice it is here.

No advice to management, but advice to you job seekers: While it is important to take everything you read on websites like this into consideration, it is also important to not allow it to MAKE your decision of whether or not to interview. You can read all you want about other peoples’ experiences, but you will never fully know until you try it for yourself. You owe it to yourself to AT LEAST go through the interviews (not just here at Zywave, but any company that interests you enough to research it on websites like this one) to see if it is right for you. What is the worst that can happen? You decide with 100% certainty that the job is not for you and you move on? That sounds a lot better than ditching the possibility to interview when really it might be your dream job.
Every person has their own experience with a company. It’s time for you to discover your own

87 Other Employee Reviews for Zywave (View Most Recent)

Incredible opportunities for top performers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Successful company with a strong belief in growing talent internally. Top performers are given the opportunity to advance into positions of greater responsibility.

Entry level hires are not coddled. You get to dive right in and work on interesting and challenging things.

Cons

Space seems to be at a premium. It seems like hiring is moving faster than new seating is being created. So far everyone has a desk though.

Keep up the good work.

Exceeding Expectations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time

Pros

I had multiple offers coming out of college and wasn't entirely sure if I was making the right decision. I chose Zywave for the potential career opportunities and the inviting culture. The extensive hiring process and goal of putting the right people in the right place made me pretty confident that my abilities were valued and that I would succeed.

After starting, I quickly learned that I made the right decision. The role of every individual is acknowledged and appreciated for its contribution to Zywave as a whole. Not only that, but managers actually care about you as an individual. Their focus is not just on how you perform in your role, but how you develop as a professional. Success is not only celebrated, but rewarded. One month in and I get a personal email from the President of the company for a job well done? Thanks Jim!

Cons

Space isn't keeping up with the growth of the company. As more are hired, people are being squeezed in wherever they can fit.

There are newer employer reviews for Zywave