There are newer employer reviews for Zywave

Friendly work environment with lots to learn

I have been working at Zywave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of new people and chances to make new friends.

Cons

The company is hiring people faster than it can add more office space.

Other Employee Reviews for Zywave

Great place to work... until they decide they want to hire someone cheaper

I worked at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress is great Fun group activities and events Flexible hours PTO Benefits - but prepare to pay more than at other employers

Cons

First and foremost, I really did enjoy my time at Zywave and worked extremely hard, spearheaded several projects and got nothing but rave performance reviews... until I realized I was just a number to them. I left on my own accord once I saw how their structure was changing. They place little value on hard-working employees that have been there for years; if they can hire someone straight out of college to do your job halfway for half the salary, they will do it in a heartbeat - without regard to the dedication you have put in throughout the years. It's laughable to me how some of these current employee reviews sound commissioned by management to combat the negative ones. Note how several of these people with positive reviews mention it was their first job out of college. THAT should speak volumes. I pity the recent college grads the most, who have no idea how much more they could be making anywhere else (especially the software developers). Do you ever notice how Zywave is always doing big hiring blitzes? That's never a good sign! Another concern of mine was the clique-like nature of a lot of groups there. If you are "in" with the right people, you will never get fired. But if not, beware. It reminded me a lot of high school, where the "popular" kids are flaunting their status among the "nerds" and get all the perks. It really disgusted me, and was another reason I started looking for another job. The sales staff seems to be the most secure - because if you're making them money, you're going to keep your job. So I would say if you want to be a salesperson you'll probably be fine, but BEWARE if you decide to go for any other jobs.

Advice to Management

There are plenty of successful business models - Google, for example - that are able to treat their employees as human beings AND run a profitable business. Always looking at your employees as dollar signs is not going to benefit you in the long run. You want employees that WANT to work there. Word is starting to get out.

I worked at EISI (now Zywave) until 2008, it was a great environment for software development

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The lunch room had Xbox and other video games. Developers were able to come into work wearing shorts, casual clothing. Very good health benefits Great social culture Mark, the president at the time, had a big heart and matched donations for a children's charity

Cons

Environment seemed to rely on staff working long hours Annual bonuses did not include options for company shares

Advice to Management

Ensure employess have a good work/life balance