Zywave

www.zywave.com
  www.zywave.com
There are newer employer reviews for Zywave

I hit the lottery by joining Zywave

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There's no shortage of pros. Free beverages, free coffee cup and glass for said beverages, vending machines, card games at lunch, Zappy hours, volleyball/kickball/softball tournaments, Zywavers play as hard as they work. Communication is VERY open, with at least one meeting every day just to let everyone know where you are, where you're going, and if you're have any problems getting to where you want to be.

Cons

There is a STEEP learning curve, definitely not for the faint of heart. This isn't a fault of Zywave's though, I just learned a different subset of skills in school than what Zywave uses. To their credit, Zywave offers various ways to get their employees up to speed, starting with an intense "boot camp" where employees learn about the company as a whole, as well as what is expected of them. While it is quite stressful, they anticipate this and are willing to do whatever they can to help their employees get up to speed. My biggest issue is that the beverage machine has Pepsi products...there's no Dr. Pepper. But I can't complain too much if that's the biggest problem I have.

I'm not sure what advice I can give. My coworkers are more than willing to help me out when I'm stuck on something (which happens quite frequently still, to be honest... I'm using technology and methods I had never heard of before Zywave so I'm learning on the fly). I guess the only advice I have is to keep doing what you're doing, and make Dr. Pepper available!

89 Other Employee Reviews for Zywave (View Most Recent)

Opportunity for those who want to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, competitive and challenging. Every employee has a chance to contribute and shine. New ideas are welcomed and acted upon. Employees who put in effort and prove themselves are rewarded with additional responsibility and recognition - and this extends far beyond sales.

Very flexible environment for those who want to explore new functions, take new career paths or challenge themselves in new areas.

Smart, motivated employees make for great team members and an excellent corporate culture.

Cons

Change is constant at Zywave; those who prefer consistency and habit may not thrive. Also those used to structured career paths based on seniority may not feel comfortable in an environment where capability generally trumps experience or years at the company.

Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement
    Ongoing training and support
    Strong work-life balance (flex scheduling, good paid time off benefits, etc)
    My managers have always cared about my success within the company
    Recognition for performance

I've been at Zywave for 3+ years and laugh when I see negative reviews on Glassdoor. Yes, if you underperform, slack off, or expect to get by putting forth minimal effort, you will not continue to succeed long-term at Zywave.

However for those of us with high motivation, strong work ethic and above average performance, there is only room to grow within Zywave. Not to mention the collaborative team environment, fun company outings, and even free soda!

Cons

Very fast-paced and constant changes - sometimes good, sometimes challenging to keep up with all the moving parts

3 years ago I knew everybody within Zywave, now we are growing and adding people so fast it can be difficult to get to know people....company outings and occasional happy hours always help with that though!

Keep up the quarterly town hall meetings, it's great for us to know how the company is performing and how we each can make an impact.

There are newer employer reviews for Zywave