There are newer employer reviews for Zywave

I hit the lottery by joining Zywave

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's no shortage of pros. Free beverages, free coffee cup and glass for said beverages, vending machines, card games at lunch, Zappy hours, volleyball/kickball/softball tournaments, Zywavers play as hard as they work. Communication is VERY open, with at least one meeting every day just to let everyone know where you are, where you're going, and if you're have any problems getting to where you want to be.

Cons

There is a STEEP learning curve, definitely not for the faint of heart. This isn't a fault of Zywave's though, I just learned a different subset of skills in school than what Zywave uses. To their credit, Zywave offers various ways to get their employees up to speed, starting with an intense "boot camp" where employees learn about the company as a whole, as well as what is expected of them. While it is quite stressful, they anticipate this and are willing to do whatever they can to help their employees get up to speed. My biggest issue is that the beverage machine has Pepsi products...there's no Dr. Pepper. But I can't complain too much if that's the biggest problem I have.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what advice I can give. My coworkers are more than willing to help me out when I'm stuck on something (which happens quite frequently still, to be honest... I'm using technology and methods I had never heard of before Zywave so I'm learning on the fly). I guess the only advice I have is to keep doing what you're doing, and make Dr. Pepper available!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Opportunity for those who want to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, competitive and challenging. Every employee has a chance to contribute and shine. New ideas are welcomed and acted upon. Employees who put in effort and prove themselves are rewarded with additional responsibility and recognition - and this extends far beyond sales. Very flexible environment for those who want to explore new functions, take new career paths or challenge themselves in new areas. Smart, motivated employees make for great team members and an excellent corporate culture.

Cons

Change is constant at Zywave; those who prefer consistency and habit may not thrive. Also those used to structured career paths based on seniority may not feel comfortable in an environment where capability generally trumps experience or years at the company.

Growing company with a fun and flexible culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Access to upper management Flexibility Solid work relationships with peers and coworkers throughout the business Work-life balance Meaningful work that impacts the bottom line Culture - very high performance, but also fun and flexible Positive work environment Generous PTO Collaborative work environment Location and parking Nice facility

Cons

Health benefits are more expensive than I had at previous employers Company vesting schedule for 401K is over six years

Advice to Management

Continue to share information about the business with the company. Maintain the fun and flexible work environment.