Inexperienced Management At Zywave. Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free soda if that is a benefit to you. Casual attire, young work environment.

Cons

Management is pathetic and inexperienced. Constant change is at Zywave and it is for the worse. The products are constantly changing as well as the people who are there. Because the compensation is extremely low, people are always seeking new career opportunities. Because of the constant change of employees, management is just filled in with inexperienced individuals who have no business in their roles. Counting down the days to move on to another company.

Get a training program for managers. Don't simply fill in the position. Also honesty could be used more. There is a sense of secrecy and deception as to where the company and the people working there are headed.

Other Reviews for Zywave

I hit the lottery by joining Zywave

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's no shortage of pros. Free beverages, free coffee cup and glass for said beverages, vending machines, card games at lunch, Zappy hours, volleyball/kickball/softball tournaments, Zywavers play as hard as they work. Communication is VERY open, with at least one meeting every day just to let everyone know where you are, where you're going, and if you're have any problems getting to where you want to be.

Cons

There is a STEEP learning curve, definitely not for the faint of heart. This isn't a fault of Zywave's though, I just learned a different subset of skills in school than what Zywave uses. To their credit, Zywave offers various ways to get their employees up to speed, starting with an intense "boot camp" where employees learn about the company as a whole, as well as what is expected of them. While it is quite stressful, they anticipate this and are willing to do whatever they can to help their employees get up to speed. My biggest issue is that the beverage machine has Pepsi products...there's no Dr. Pepper. But I can't complain too much if that's the biggest problem I have.

I'm not sure what advice I can give. My coworkers are more than willing to help me out when I'm stuck on something (which happens quite frequently still, to be honest... I'm using technology and methods I had never heard of before Zywave so I'm learning on the fly). I guess the only advice I have is to keep doing what you're doing, and make Dr. Pepper available!

Opportunity for those who want to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast-paced, competitive and challenging. Every employee has a chance to contribute and shine. New ideas are welcomed and acted upon. Employees who put in effort and prove themselves are rewarded with additional responsibility and recognition - and this extends far beyond sales.

Very flexible environment for those who want to explore new functions, take new career paths or challenge themselves in new areas.

Smart, motivated employees make for great team members and an excellent corporate culture.

Cons

Change is constant at Zywave; those who prefer consistency and habit may not thrive. Also those used to structured career paths based on seniority may not feel comfortable in an environment where capability generally trumps experience or years at the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Zywave.

Worked for Zywave? Contribute to the Community!