Zywave

www.zywave.com

Shaky management, but good if you're young

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsFriendly atmosphere with approachable and adept coworkers. Fairly dynamic business in that it has grown significantly over the past few years and management seems adept at continuing that trend. It's very much a young person's environment and the work/life balance is great. I'd recommend it to recent college grads in a heartbeat. They also work to help you find what position would fit best - i.e., if you dislike your current position, Zywave's okay with an internal transfer. Generally, there's not a much of a need to take work home, and the vacation benefits are relatively generous. Successful salespeople earn great money and have extra perks.

ConsPay is lacking, unless you're a good salesperson (in which case it's almost laughably lucrative compared to what the rest of the employees earn). Managers are simply plucked from the next most senior person after the previous manager leaves, so the quality of direction, mentorship and sense of purpose for those being supervised is sorely lacking. I wasn't in software development, but it seems like the turnover is very high (pay was not competitive for developers, in my opinion), which might explain why software releases were half-baked or littered with glitches at first.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on cultivating the talents your current employees. Better pay for developers, more of a sense of purpose for the service staff. Also, cut out the weird internal secrecy with the projects in development; it only hurts the final product when 90% of the workforce doesn't get to give feedback until after things go to production.

Get in, get out.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros: Young motivated workforce. Software company. Cons: The company has no qualms with letting people go on a whim and seem to turn over their senior staff often. Because of this, management… Advice to Senior Management: Provide value to your employees and actually develop their skill… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Associate Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for less than a year

Pros: Over there is a laid back atmosphere at work. Very low pressure. Flexible schedule. 39 Hours per week, and employees can put in… Cons: Pay is below average in my field. However I was hired right out of college with no experience. Its a great place to… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes the advice and direction of management is "too broad." Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Zywave.

Worked for Zywave? Contribute to the Community!