There are newer employer reviews for a la mode

A la mode takes the pie with it's benefits and great culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at a la mode

Pros

Good pay. Excellent benefits. Very flexible and laid back management. Lots of opportunity to advance. Hard work, hard play culture.

Cons

Training could use some work as it is not very structured or hands on. Some jobs are slightly repetitive and require some mental toughness.

Advice to Management

Be more responsive to ideas from new people. Some are great at this others not. New employees could use some more hands on cultivating.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at a la mode full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of internal promotions, felt really listened to, good benefits and "fun" times for the employees. Cafe for food, very understanding of work-life balance.

Cons

It's in Oklahoma City, so that isn't the best thing in the world. I don't really have many bad things to say about this place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and promoting internally. It's a great place to work. I have yet to find another company with leadership like the one here.

World-class tech company right here in OKC (where the operational center is)

I worked at a la mode full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work with talented professionals in a relaxed (but hard-working) environment. Lots of opportunities for advancement, or just personal/professional skill upgrades. Their clients are business people who appreciate a la mode's continuing dedication to customer satisfaction while developing the industry-leading products and services. Every day, you can interact with anyone in the company as you like - from your peers, to developers, all the way up to the officers/owner. Excellent, nearly unbeatable benefits including training, certifications, health, dental, vision, vacation, 401K, life insurance, corporate discounts, and more.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but worth considering: Many people come to a la mode to excel and grow, so it's competitive. If you just want a 9-5 where you do your job and go home, that's fine and you'll do well (though you may not start with a 9-5 schedule) but you can't expect to advance very far with that view. Be prepared to be VERY interactive with your colleagues. This is not a place for people who are dealing with social anxiety or timidity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Make sure to follow up on regular reviews so employees always know where they stand performance-wise.

a la mode Response

Sep 19, 2014CEO

I agree. Working here is competitive. I think it creates an environment for employees to learn new skills and allows them to grow.

Please know, it’s important to me that we keep employees
    ... More