a2z Development Center
www.a2z.com San Francisco, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Long hours, dull work, ridiculous deadlines

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at a2z Development Center full-time

ProsThere are some really smart people working here and you can learn a lot from them. Pay and benefits are pretty good. Some of the projects are interesting work with reasonable deadlines and expectations.

ConsIf you end up on the wrong project, you'll end up working nights and weekends non-stop for several months in a row and the work will be nothing but bug fixing and integration. Overlapping project schedules means that there's an important deadline almost every week. There's very little opportunity to be creative. The company is very cheap when it comes to equipment and supplies - you will get a low-end laptop with not enough memory, the company intranet is incredibly slow and you'll end up sharing a cube with two other people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less money on parties and more on equipment. We could get more done if we had better infrastructure and faster hardware. Constant deadlines eliminate the sense of accomplishment and decrease morale. You can't solve problems faster by throwing more people at them - it may seem to work in the short term, but it ends up causing chaos and creating more bugs that won't be found until it's too late.

Overworked and Underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at a2z Development Center for less than a year

Pros: There is a lot of ownership opportunities with different projects and within the job role. However,… Cons: A2Z does not promote within often, and its usually engineers. There hiring process for contractors is long, and… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rollercoaster of work

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at a2z Development Center as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Pay is good and some projects can be interesting. Lots of smart people to learn from.… Cons: Management does not always listen to the voices of engineers. Can feel too overworked (more… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to what the engineers have to say, their suggestions… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on a2z Development Center.

Worked for a2z Development Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at a2z Development Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by a2z Development Center employees.