There are newer employer reviews for a2z Development Center

Overworked and Underpaid

I worked at a2z Development Center for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of ownership opportunities with different projects and within the job role. However, it does come with no pay increase, overworked hours with no overtime, and no round of applause.

Cons

A2Z does not promote within often, and its usually engineers. There hiring process for contractors is long, and unprofessional. They do not seem to value their employers is anyway, and have a very high turnover rate.

Promote from within.

4 Other Employee Reviews for a2z Development Center (View Most Recent)

Rollercoaster of work

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at a2z Development Center as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good and some projects can be interesting. Lots of smart people to learn from. There is a wide variety of tasks across all the teams so something will definitely interest you.

Cons

Management does not always listen to the voices of engineers. Can feel too overworked (more than your average softare job) when deadlines approach and may end up debugging more than developing.

Listen to what the engineers have to say, their suggestions can make big differences in efficiency and productivity!

Good place to learn a lot

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at a2z Development Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning is definitely encouraged. So is innovation. The people I work with and the work atmosphere are great, we have each other's backs, we learn from each other and help each other every day. Some of us hang out socially too, apart from work. Having moved to California from another country, I can truly say I made some friends at work.

Long hours do happen, but it is manageable, it's not like we work evenings and weekends all the time. Since I had a baby, I have never had any problems reconciling my work life with my private life, and there is lots of flexibility when for instance the baby is sick and I need to work from home or come in late.

As to sharing desks, I assure you that any full time employee will get their desk. We had contractors share desks before, but with the recent expansion, this should no longer be necessary.

As for promotions, two engineers in my team were promoted this year, and two last year.

The pay (salary and stock) is good.

Recent changes around my team made on call duties much easier.

Cons

Sometimes you have to move so quickly, that you don't have time to really learn the underlying technology. Sometimes solutions get stalled due to the need to discuss with several stakeholders and teams you depend on having different priorities. But that's inevitable in a larger organization I guess, and people are very cooperative.

Contractors are definitely treated worse than the "blue badge employees".

There are newer employer reviews for a2z Development Center

Worked for a2z Development Center? Contribute to the Community!